fast version

mr_smith2020

hello there just after some advice on the f1 versions there sound great :) in particular green posion 

I've been reading a few days about them but still unsure if I will still get the yeild I'm used to average 3oz per plant..

system is 2m x 1.5m scrog lit under 4 x 315w Cmh bulbs :)

grow medium is coco perlite mix in 11ltr pots with canna newts

normally run about 10 pots veg for around 4 or 5 weeks to fill the screens and then flip. I like to keep them low as I don't have much head height 

so having said that using the f1 version would you exspect to still pull the same yeild as other strains such as bluedream etc normal 

cheers 

Forgive my ignorance. Is that what this FV is all about then, they are F1 ?

F1 plants tend to be a little less stable in there growing style, but quite vigorous. IIRC it's the first generation of a new strain where the genes from both parents are kinda battling it out for dominance. If you have done the cross before, you could know exactly what the outcome will be, but to the plant it's the first round with everything to play for. As it tries to use the best bits from both lines that created it. Once a strain is stabilised this hybred vigor is lost.

Often when you make a cross the first set of seeds are the most varied. Having picked the best it's better to keep it on as cuttings than try and keep breeding with it as it won't ever have the 'get up and go' of that first one (F1)

edit: I tend to just get on with this sort of thing. Using the right terms is of no importance to me. I don't have anyone to talk about it with anyway. Then I sign up here to try and be a bit useful, and suddenly find I can't get my words right. I hope it all fits.

Edited by F-E_Man

F1 strains are crossed with autos. They bud up very quickly when you flip. I've only done one F1 cream caramel but it was my best grow to date. Over 2oz with one plant under a 150w hps.

I dont think you'll be disappointed

• Like 1

So FV's are usually created by crossing with an auto, and we get the F1. That right?

I crossed an sk1 with a diesel rider. I like it, but it's no quicker. I crossed that with the same Diesel rider male pollen (from the fridge) and still saw no auto traits. I still have the beans to carry on, but I'm happy with the F1 and and don't have space to do the F2 again to find something good.

I do my F1 and the Killer Kush FV side by side and both are good yielders. Outdoors my F1 just doesn't bother though, while the KK is meant to be OK. It's out there now, so I will see :). Indoors my F1 is the better plant. Finishing sooner with better yield, but it's not special. It's strong and smelly but it doesn't make me feel better. The KK is nice. I find the lemon skunk is equally so, while also quicker and higher yielding. It's not an FV but hardening off and trying to flower under 24/7 light. Making it poor in veg but rockets off at 12/12. The KK FV is the next to leave. Being the slowest, and yielding the lowest. FV? I'm not convinced. It wants 9 weeks. 8 at least. 

Its a 4th gen auto crossed with the same strain photoperiod. The auto gene will never show in the f1 generation but will in the f2. The kkfv was very quick (6-8) and a huge yielder .

Ive done a few sweetseeds strains both in and outdoors and they all yield well, even with my terrible growing

13 hours ago, Key4 said:

Its a 4th gen auto crossed with the same strain photoperiod. The auto gene will never show in the f1 generation but will in the f2. The kkfv was very quick (6-8) and a huge yielder .

Ive done a few sweetseeds strains both in and outdoors and they all yield well, even with my terrible growing

what kind of yeild mate ... justhis dried my last crop was a little low at average 2.1oz per plant 

The yield of the kkfv has been unlike any other. It went in 'just for the taste of it' and managed about 66% of the best performers and wanted a bit longer than it got. The next time round It perhaps came in around 75% of the best, and almost finished. Again, on the 3rd run it got better again and was about 20% off the mark but happy with the time it got. Remarkably, on the 4th run, it was a contender. I have never seen anything settle into an establish system quite like it. Generally things like it or they don't, they don't adapt. There is no mum, it's cuttings taken the day before flower. So the parent material has lived between two grow environments. In the wings as a cutting for 8 weeks, then on the main stage for 2-3 weeks, and back into the wings as a cutting again. So unlike a mum, it does spend time going through the motions.

Logically, it's age is the biggest factor, and one which I have no control over at all. Perhaps it's need to flower is getting greater. Signalling it maybe has a year or two left before it's difficult to keep in veg.

Incidentally, It's environmental control I'm good at. I have a lot to learn about plants. More than I ever will. I just set up a stable environment and see what works in it. It's consistent, but doesn't align with whats best for somebody else's room. We don't all find the same plants work for us. On thankfully rare occasions for my ego, I chuck something out and somebody does better with it than I did. Well it was once...  but you get the drift.

Edited by F-E_Man