Early Skunk Feminised greenhouse grow

gthang

My babies have been growing vigorously of late so i thought id post a quick photo, theyre in the very early stages of flowering so not too much to show yet but im very pleased with progress so far. They were germinated mid April and were then moved outside in early May as it started to get warmer and they grew slowly but steadily. I moved them into the greenhouse and they've had a growth spurt though, going from about 3-3.5 ft to about 6ft and theyre still going!!

I have them all in 20L pots and use House & Garden Bat Special soil with lots of extra perlite i added to help with drainage, nutrients are Hydrotops Grow and Bloom mixed with plain old water from the tap.

To the left of the photot you can just about make out my Northern Lights Autos again from Sensi Seeds, theyre not anywhere near as big but they are flowering nicely and really enjoying their new home in the greenhouse:)

large.59775a11a72f5_20170725_123346_001copy2.jpg

Edited by gthang
  • Like 3

If they are in 20ltr pots they might have a lot of stretching left to go. You might want to start training them. I would also be a bit concerned about people being able to see what you are up to. Nice plant though.

• Like 1

Now then! The big girls youve seen in mine are also sensi early skunk 'autos' if yours are too? 1 of them was a small average auto but the others are almost 6ft tall! With some amazing bud structure! Get some close ups of the flowering bud, that way ill be able to give you an idea of how much taller they will get, im guessing not much though tbh if they have hit flowering.. Just move them into the middle buddy... 

Like @pollenlover mentioned though thats alot of eye candy for the neighbors :ermm:!   

• Like 1

@BLhaze mine are regular photo period early skunks not autos, they're only just beginning to show the early stages of white hairs so there's really not much yet too see, I intend to update as I go though.

@pollenlover the biggest is already practically touching the roof so I'll need to do something I know. I really don't want to cut it back though, I couldn't live with myself if I did!!

I know of lst but don't really know how it's done and I don't want to ruin them by accident.

I've actually tried to legitimise it all a bit by putting some tomatoes in there as well, unless your specifically looking it just looks like it could be any green plants from a distance.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, gthang said:

@BLhaze mine are regular photo period early skunks not autos, they're only just beginning to show the early stages of white hairs so there's really not much yet too see, I intend to update as I go though.

@pollenlover the biggest is already practically touching the roof so I'll need to do something I know. I really don't want to cut it back though, I couldn't live with myself if I did!!

I know of lst but don't really know how it's done and I don't want to ruin them by accident.

I've actually tried to legitimise it all a bit by putting some tomatoes in there as well, unless your specifically looking it just looks like it could be any green plants from a distance.

Watch this video of super cropping, i have done this to my autos and my photos because the height on both is crazy! My autos are pretty much same size as your photos! Thats mad... You can either super crop or do some LST, its really easy and simple buddy.. Id do a little research if i was you, just to settle your own mind on whats best and how to etc..

• Like 2

That's very interesting, I don't know if I could deliberately 'crack' them like in that video, they're like a part of the family and I'd feel really bad!!

I might try tying them down a bit though and see how that goes, it seems less painful to both them and me:)

• Like 3

I understand the feeling believe me! I have a very large pineapple haze photo in the greenhouse and i was (like yourself) very quickly running out of hight! Super cropping helps slow down the growth of the stems its applied to and promotes growth to lower stems, which in turn created more main colas.. I had no option really because LST doesnt really slow down the growth of the applied stems they continue to grow but also promotes growth elsewhere.. And i have no room width ways either.. Iv done it to 6 stems total now on the haze plant and its been absolutly fine. Really glad i did it actually.. 

But yeah lol i know the feeling for sure!

Edited by BLhaze
  • Like 1

Get some red Christmas balls on that now so they look like tomatoes that thing is still going to stretch like a fucker 

• Like 1

I think your right Moobman, one of them that seemed to stalled a bit I noticed just today seems to be growing upwards again, not by much yet but enough to be noticeable.

• Like 1

Just a quick update, heres my 3 northern lights auto's from White Label Seeds. They're all well into their flowering cycle now and coming along nicely, all are around 3.5ft in height.

large.598334b0cd951_20170803_143221copy.jpglarge.598334b67952a_20170803_143238copy.jpglarge.598334baebf2a_20170803_143307copy.jpg

• Like 4

It's not actually that bad unless you're specifically looking for it. The other much bigger plants are the other side of the greenhouse which is close to the fence making it harder to see.

• Like 1

Exactly 4 weeks ago the 3 northern lights were all only about 6 inches in height, I'd pretty much written them off because of the weather and the cripplingly slow growth.

I moved them into the greenhouse though and they've shot up, I'm actually staggered at the rate of growth, they really seem to like the environment they're in.

My early skunks were doing better but even those have exploded growth wise, the biggest is now taller than me and I desperately need to tie it down or something because it's reached roof level and has nowhere else to go.

I've never owned a greenhouse before but after seeing how far my plants have come in a short space of time I wish I'd got one years ago!!

• Like 2

Looking good mate.

Get bending, tying and/or supercropping though. 

Any buds against the glass will rot. 

And stick some white wash on the top panels of glass. Someone will see them. 

Every greenhouse I see, I have look to see if there's weed in it. Luckily for most, I'm not a thieving fucker. But there's plenty of thieves out there!

Nice one, 

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 3