Addicted?

Prophet

I'm in the exact same boat,except marginally closer to chopping something !  

Tobacco is the bitch ,I dislike the taste of it yet I want a smidgen of it in a spliff . Smoking some bud leaf and tiny buds from trim ,it'll do the trick for now . I get in a panic if I have nothing to toke on whilst working during the day . I'll jump into a grove ,downwind of people ,have quick smoke and check out uk42O on the phone .Old habits . 

people can get addicted to literaly anything. That being said somethings are easier to get addicted too but I don't think weeds one of them. no physical addiction its just mental most of it habbit forming. break the habbits and its easy get a new routine and your sorted. only one thing for it turn into a plonky for 2 weeks

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I would say i am a bit mentally addicted but i can easilly go without. I do think i toke a bit too much and it can effect my motivation and sociability but I am still pretty happy with my situation in general. I find if i have a break after heavyish toking then i will get some vivid dreams and maybe not sleep so well on the second night but otherwise it's pretty much ok.

Very much agree it's mostly a habit thing

• 1 month later...

Ad other have mentioned, I have realised that smoking it with tobacco, the cravings i experience seems to be more nicotine withdrawal rather than cannabis ones. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I think it’s both medicinal and a bit of a mental crutch for me, I’ve got a predisposition to getting high in one way or another and smoking weed is the less of evils 

Edited by VikingDee
  • Like 3

I'm more addicted to the growing than the using can go without but like to know mores on its way and love taking clones and just watching the plants grow is a therapy for me :chains:

Eta 420th post reason to celebrate lol

Edited by ineedofusername
  • Like 3

I know people who freak out when they start running low.

Yet They say it's out of order the way I smoke weed pure and stuff but they don't see me freaking when I haven't got any. I might struggle to sleep a bit more and that's about it.

It's the kind of people like that, that happen to be a few in my mothers side of the family that makes my mother think kinda bad of cannabis tbh. She's starting to see it a lot different now though after all the years I've proven I'm not like them over it. These itv gone to pot programs have played a big part in opening her mind, seriously lol

Edited by indicatoker420
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, indicatoker420 said:

I know people who freak out when they start running low.

I have trained myself not to react like this.  When it bothers you that you have started to run low, then you need a short break.

When you are using it as meds this doesn't work btw lol

Edited by Bird
  • Like 2

Running out of weed is barely an issue worth the thought, IMHO.

Got it, smoke it. Not got it, carry on as usual..

Why is addiction always a negative word? Who do we only use it when speaking about certain things like drugs, sex and gambling? No O2, I die, but no one has ever said i'm addicted to Oxygen.

Too much puritanical moralising surrounds this debate. Even pot-heads seem to have swallowed so much of the prohibitionist propaganda they're choking on it.

• Like 4

we all like to do things that are nice and we enjoy - society always seems keen to call something addictive though - video games, TV, going to the gym etc have all been talked about by experts as addictive - problem is when it's good it makes you want to keep doing it. I miss running when I am injured, I miss chocolate when trying to lose weight and I miss weed when I don't have any! 

• 4 weeks later...

@Prophet How’d it go prophet?

I think it’s more psychological, we’re used to routines. It’s about finding an alternative to do instead. 

I look forward to not smoking every now and again just to mix it up a bit. Feels good/different. Not that smoking doesn’t feel good. 

There's big difference between addiction and habituation. I'm a recovering addict and I've been addicted to Heroin, Valium and Alcohol. Habitually using weed is a completely different to true addiction. You won't be sick if you don't get any weed, you'd just be unhappy.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a few nights bad dreams / interrupted sleep, really nothing major. 

but it is interesting that even though i normally take an annual break of at least a month or more from smoking, i stockpile like a bastard, anxious and paranoid that my contact will one day cease to exsist. i reckon ive got enough to last me 2 - 3 yrs currently

I used to smoke everyday from about the age of 16-30 so a good few years, I think I used it as a bit of a crutch as I had other problems. These days I just have a good smoke every month or 2 when my crops ready, I recon I’m far more addicted to growing than smoking lol