Dodgee

OK folks, despite the Gorilla Haze not being quite done yet its time to pop the next round of seeds.

Very generously donated by the good lad @panik

This will be another indoor effort following the same method/madness employed in the Gorilla Haze diary.

Only two real differences, these are starting out in 2litre pots for a week or 2 before potting on, also the medium this time is house and garden bat mix, a bit hot really for seedlings but I don't foresee any problems.. (Famous last words aye)

So feet wet was last night on the 1st July.

large.20170701_182220_resized.jpglarge.20170701_185842_resized.jpg

large.20170701_195200_resized.jpg

So that's the boring bit done and the next couple of weeks won't be too exciting either I expect, but I'll update progress as and when.

As far as genetics/background/traits go you guys know as much as me.

Thanx for looking, hope everyone enjoys the show!

Nice1 Dodge

• Like 11

@Dodgee

Good luck with these buddy i bet your going to need it lol..im probably going to be a short time after you with some of these.today is my final day of picking what to do next and ive been reading shitoads.

Are you sure there in 2 ltrs ? im just laying some groundwork for a fukup excuse later on you see pmsl...

On a serious note,i hope this goes problem free dude,only prob i can see is how hot the batmix can be for seeds.

take it easy m8

peace

• Like 2

Honestly I'm not certain mate.

They might be 1.75s or 2.5s or maybe 3s... definitely somewhere around there. lol

The technical term we actually use for these pots is "the square round ones" .. i'm not sure that helps though..

I'll check later if I can.  

And Yeh i know bat mix is hot but i normally use generic multipurpose anyway so there shouldn't be a great deal of difference i don't think (fingers crossed eh!)

Forgot to say they also had the usual inoculation with mycos too.

Thanks for stopping by mate.. don't be a stranger aye!

Cheers D

• Like 4

@Dodgee

yeah man the square round ones is of no bloody help atall pmsl..but i said almost the same thing to my daughter the other night..ffs its scary i may have the same thoughts as you....

I would like to know your reasoning with starting seeds in such big pots if their not autos ?..see i can be a real fkin pain and youll be telling me jog on by week 3 lol

i put it down to that was available and you thought it will save disturbing em when potting on lol 

peace

• Like 1

Well I used to do several stages of potting on mucka but that last run with the hazes they went straight into there 5L finals albeit with a small disintegrating inner pot to make watering easier at seedling stage.

And though I haven't pulled the root balls yet I've not really seen any great detrimental effects to the plants...

So this is kind of a happy middle ground. I'll start in these then go straight to 5L finals.

I've come full circle really mate.  Started out with the standard excepted logic back then with 4 weeks veg then flip.

Then over the years tried a variety of topping and training methods some successful some less so but all resulting in longer/extended veg times...

The idea of using larger than normal first pots and smaller than usual finals is just about keeping veg time minimal for me.

Yield isn't a massive concern these days but over all turn around time is.... 

If that makes sense???

You may well be as crazy as me..lol

Cheers Dude

@Key4  Pull Up a pew mate. More the merrier like!

• Like 3

We're did you grab the seeds? @panik are they avAilable to purchase? I can't find them on the website, I will be watching this closely very interested in this one ;) good luck mate 

• Like 2

@TEESSIDE GROWS

The seeds were sent as testers from panik in exchange for a grow diary here.  

I think they will be available for purchase soon but I honestly don't know for sure.  They may be part of a still ongoing project or these may have come from an earlier test batch and the main batch might not be finished yet..

All that is speculation though mate.  All I know is I wanted to run some more of panik stuff after the hazes and when I asked for an indoor recommendation he offered me the chance to try these.

And I great fully accepted so here we are! 

Thanx for stopping by and I'm sure panik will let everyone know if/when the release date is imminent.

Nice 1 dodge

• Like 3

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, TEESSIDE GROWS said:

We're did you grab the seeds? @panik are they avAilable to purchase? I can't find them on the website, I will be watching this closely very interested in this one ;) good luck mate 

Will be Soon mate... limited stock though I will let you guys know how many packs soon,...

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:33 PM, Dodgee said:

@TEESSIDE GROWS

The seeds were sent as testers from panik in exchange for a grow diary here.  

I think they will be available for purchase soon but I honestly don't know for sure.  They may be part of a still ongoing project or these may have come from an earlier test batch and the main batch might not be finished yet..

All that is speculation though mate.  All I know is I wanted to run some more of panik stuff after the hazes and when I asked for an indoor recommendation he offered me the chance to try these.

And I great fully accepted so here we are! 

Thanx for stopping by and I'm sure panik will let everyone know if/when the release date is imminent.

Nice 1 dodge

Yeah mate these are still an ongoing project no doubt, I have a limited amount available of these ,and  once there gone there gone, ..I'm in the midst of back crossing these back to the mother plant and further locking down that lemonade funk, as always these things take time but good things to come for sure  :yep: 

• Like 4

you lucky bugger ..lemonade eh ..i wonder how that transfers into rosin ..lemonade rosin ...dribbles ...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

@panik what's make up of lemonade of mate?

Hey mate the mother plant in question was a strain that was gifted from a friend whos living out in cali labelled as super OG, ..I grew the clones from said mother out and crossed to a selected Gorilla Haze, the out come of the O.G is the most finest sweet lemonade smell like R, whites lemonade sweets  , the Gorilla Haze has a real fruity smell and tone also , this cross is going to be some fruity lemon OG funk for sure,.. :yep:  as said I'm backcrossing to the mother to hopefully lock in that lemonade sweetness...

Edited by panik
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, panik said:

Hey mate the mother plant in question is a Super O.G that was gifted from a friend whos living out in cali, I grew the clones from said mother out and crossed to a selected Gorilla Haze, the out come of the O.G is the most finest sweet lemonade smell like R, whites lemonade sweets  , the Gorilla Haze has a real fruity smell and tone also , this cross is going to be some fruity lemon OG funk for sure,.. :yep:  as said I'm backcrossing to the mother to hopefully lock in that lemonade sweetness...

Looks like I'll have to purchase some when the time comes then :)

• Like 3

Just now, Exile420 said:

Looks like I'll have to purchase some when the time comes then :)

Ill try get some of these limited packs in store in the next couple weeks...

• Like 3

Good news and bad news I'm afraid!

Always bad first

My grow partners location has a landlord inspection imminent. Won't go into detail but for various reasons my mucka needed a copy of his tenancy agreement (first time in 20 odd year)

New agreements need an energy rating so your property gets surveyed blah blah. Anyways it gonna mean a tear down and tear out affair in the near future.

Good news

His landlord gotta give reasonable notice and we can string it out long enough to chop and dry the hazes.

And the inspection itself is short and everything can come to my gaff for the duration then returned home forthwith.

So short story, its a pain in the ass. But hopefully one with little pain or bleeding.

@panik

Thanx for giving us the skinny at last!  Nice to know what's in the dirt lol

Sounds like an interesting cross though mate.

Fwiw (little enough it is) I had a feeling you used a lemon pheno GHaze in the mix...But was wondering which OG was involved...

Easy to say now obviously..

But I woudve got the one parent for sure.  Just as sure as I wouldn't have gotten the OG other lol

Looking forward to em already.

Nice1 for looking and the kind comments folks

• Like 2