P.a.k. Trouble shooting

Team Green

Growing Purple Afghan Kush, just heading into week 8 and there's some bananas showing in the top buds in one of the plants... Should I panic and crop em, or wait it out... Got 3 strains on the go and 12 plants in all... Was gonna try and push em til 8 n half weeks.. I've read about others having similar issues, and that they fire blanks... (words to that effect) Can anyone confirm, or deny this about this strain? Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

I haven't experienced this with the pak but some have its the plants last ditch effort to pollinate itself they are usually sterile. if you can check the trichs she may be ready, but I haven't heard of anyone letting them go a little longer having any problem and i have heard of some people taking them off

• Like 2

Hello mate :) sorry to hear that this is happening. This can occur late into bloom if your temps get to high or serious stress is caused but can happen also when conditions are perfect as it could be the plants last ditch attempt at reproduction :)

I would say yes the male flowers showing will be none viable  (sterile) I would still go around with some tweezers or pliers and pull out the showing male flowers to make 100% Sure that your crop does not seeds. Saying this

How long do you have left about 5-7 days?

What have temps been like?

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

A bit high in all honesty... This weather's really nuking the shed up.. :thumbdown: It's only on the 1 plant seemingly so.. It's chocca block in there at the minute so, difficult to negotiate amongst the foliage.. Still looking nice tho! It's the best plant as well..:wallbash:Just been in with the magic tweezers.. Hopefully there hasn't been any major pollination.. Everything looks pretty sweet around it... Just have to stay vigilant.. Must be the only one wishing for some cool air at the moment locally.. How long on average does the Pak go? 50 days I'm on, and they're looking like I could crop em any day now(Judging by pistils). But the TGA Grape Inferno lagging a bit behind.. My grow space is also my dry space... :unsure: Thanks for the replies tho folks!:yinyang:

• Like 1

I had the same problem with pak. 

I put mine down to heat stress or maybe light leaks due to where I was growing at the time.

I pulled off what I could and I never found any seeds.

In my experience it didn't affect the final product,still a top notch smoke!

• Like 3

I took two PAK's down two days ago and they went about 55 days. I usually leave them till about 60 days but had to move mid grow so it was easier to chop than move the big darlings.

The last week or so they rally turn on the purple and I grow by mother plant and clones

• Like 3

I have had to relocate some monster plants before and it can get very intense trying to conceal them. 

I'd love to be smoking some right now! 

Ran out a while ago,but i have just put two into flower so it won't be too long before I have a few jars full.

• Like 2

@Team GreenI think the excessive heat could be the culprit mate as it has been a good couple of weeks of really nice weather. By the sound of things the issue is not to bad and Imo you have done the right thing by removing the male flowers eventough in 99% confident they would have been sterile :)

Typically pak is 60-65 days to totally finish. I would say 7-10 more days mate then chop time :yep:

Do you have a microscope to check trichome colour and development? 

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Tete said:

I have had to relocate some monster plants before and it can get very intense trying to conceal them. 

I'd love to be smoking some right now! 

Ran out a while ago,but i have just put two into flower so it won't be too long before I have a few jars full.

Yea mate I stressed myself silly driving around during the day with all my shit in a car. The old double box works pretty good but had jitters by the time I got to the new place.

I love watching them change colour at about week 4 and 5. They sure are the ugly duckling that evolve into something special

• Like 3

All fun tho buddy. lol

Definitely an ugly duckling, but it's all part of the charm with pak I suppose. 

I'm looking forward to watching them flower having some colourful nuggets again.

• Like 2

heres a pak clone day 53, never experienced nanners but my grow environment is very constant. the lower buds on the pak turn into nice nugs very little popcornon these girls.

Team Green happy harvesting and enjoy some fine indica

gallery_97292_12754_222330.jpggallery_97292_12754_181085.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all I got a few pics of the pak some bud shots etc, very nice all turned purp:) how do you upload pics on this forum plz?

Edited by L PLATE
  • Like 1

@L PLATEat the top of the page you should see your name and next to this create with a drop down tab. Click this and create image. Quite simple from there :) this needs to be on a desktop or on mobile in desktop mode :yep:

If you are still having issues I can upload for you :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark