Moby Dick stretch info

harrygrout

Got some moby dick clones in veg . they look very nice in ecothrive coco at min but not sure on how much they stretch, also I've had a good look for some diaries and can't find any. anyone know of members that have done them.

any help appreciated .

Grouty 

• Like 1

I've ran moby dick a couple of times and in my experience they have had around 2.5x stretch,give or take. 

I haven't used clones for years,but would you still get the same stretch as from a seed???

• Like 1

On 2017-5-4 at 10:04 AM, harrygrout said:

Got some moby dick clones in veg . they look very nice in ecothrive coco at min but not sure on how much they stretch, also I've had a good look for some diaries and can't find any. anyone know of members that have done them.

any help appreciated .

Grouty 

Hello :) our moby dick has 2 main phenos.

Pheno 1 has a very sativa structure with a minimum of 2x stretch :)

Pheno 2 has more indicated traits with a lot less side branching with more if a single cola structure.  This pheno can stretch 2.5-3x during the stretch phase :)

As these are grown via clone the stretch could be less drastic than from seed but I would expect roughly the same results :)

Can I ask are all clones from 1 plant? Also any pictures then I maybe able to identify the pheno and give a more fuller answer :yep:

All the best 

Mark...

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

yes Mark they are all from the same plant. I ordered 5 seeds but made a mess of them after a 100% germination .

I can't find a diary for them so might start one and see if I can get tips that way.. they look really good at min. I've always ran into problem at the start of flower in soil so this is my first go in coco.

• Like 2

It was a while ago I ran moby mate,so I can't remember any specific requirements.I remember being heavily rewarded for my efforts tho.lol

I also grow in coco,I love growing in soil but I find coco way easier to control.

What products are you using???

• Like 2

I'm using growers ark grow, extra traces and the root juice. First time in coco and I've never had them looking so good. Knocked a pot out today and the roots look fantastic. Haven't decided if to use a pk boost yet and will flip them next week. Was they heavy feeders m8 ? 

• Like 2

I use canna mate and I tend to use pk around week 5 of flower for a couple of weeks.do you get a feeding schedule with growers ark??

I would grab a bottle of cal/mag tho bud,in canna around week 4ish of flower I tend to get cal/mag problems if left alone.but could show up earlier,so it's handy to have.

I can't remember whether she was a heavy feeder mate.it might sound like a cliché but you tend to get a feel for what the plants want in coco.

• Like 1

Yeah I've got a bottle of cal/mag at the ready and I'm just trying to read them as I go. Every time in soil I've ran into problems 2/3 weeks into flower so hoping this time will be different . Look pukka at min . :)

• Like 2

Get a diary up mate,be good to see the old moby in action.plus it might catch someones attention who is currently growing moby or someone with a better memory than me.lol but If you do run into any problems in coco it's alot easier to fix.

Good luck  buddy

• Like 2

On 12/05/2017 at 10:04 PM, Tete said:

Get a diary up mate,be good to see the old moby in action.plus it might catch someones attention who is currently growing moby or someone with a better memory than me.lol but If you do run into any problems in coco it's alot easier to fix.

Good luck  buddy

I agree a diary would be great and then you will have all uk420 to help along with myself :yep: Moby dick is one of our flagship strains along with critical and I wish more people would grow her as she is a great strain, great production but I think why most don`t grow here is because of the 9-11 week flowering phase. However yes she takes a little longer than most other strains but well worth the wait :)

All the best

Mark..

• 4 weeks later...

I'm running one alongside three other Dinafem strains for the competition grow, (White Widow, Dinamed CBD, Early Ammo CBD) will be putting the diary up within the next week or so for them all ;) 

• Like 3