Naturally Done: Asher G's RGSC Run

Asher Gong

Greetings fellow gger's and all fellow herbalists, welcome to my RGSC Comp Diary! :toot:

Firstly a big shout out to Panik for generously providing this opportunity to grow out what most gg's have been waiting for a long time to see come to fruition, these legendary seeds of Kong!! 

I'll be growing out Whitey Freeze and Green Gold here at Lat 53,..

large.IMG_0465.jpg

Popped these yesterday straight into root trainers, no pre-soak, window sill jobby. Once they are up and happy and the weather warms they'll move to a safe spot in garden until I can get them to plot. And here is where they're going:

large.IMG_0454.jpg

This is a new plot I'd been eyeing up for some time, looks very promising. It's like a sump at the bottom of a slope so seems nutrient rich:

large.IMG_0455.jpg

Lots of worms! In my holes i'll be putting WRHM at the base, and a  mix of homemade garden compost, vermicompost, calcified seaweed and bonemeal:

large.IMG_0456.jpg

large.IMG_0458.jpg

Well excited for the coming season, Jah willing it could be a great one to remember. All the best to everyone gg'ing out there, stay safe and may you have a bountiful harvest. :yinyang:

• Like 17

Hey @Asher Gong all the very best with your diary, grow & competition mate, I think this is going to be a gud one :yep:.

Your lat is the same as my own & your style so far seems very similar to mine also. I love the look of your plot, again similar to mine at a bottom of a slope but ur soil looks a way better then mine :doh:

This diary will be very interesting to me with the similarities & to c how your style & grow is coming along. The only difference we have, so far are the seeds, you have the ones I wanted, well mighty freeze anyway but I'm very grateful 4 having da seeds & being involved in this great competition & getting the outdoor GG experience/s. :yep:.

I will be following with interest so if you don't mind I will be pulling up a chair 4 this one & getting comfy as I'm here 4 da duration :oldtoker:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Asher Gong said:

Well excited for the coming season

You and me both.. 

Good luck dude. :yep:

1 hour ago, Key4 said:

Lat 53s gonna stink. loads of us about.

:thumsup:

• Like 3

Very keen to see how you get on with these, best of luck! You'll certainly have no shortage of nettle and goosegrass tea.

• Like 2

Hey thanks @Irishgirl, your prep is looking great, loving the tyres too! I've got two tyres at same plot to try aswell!:yes:

@Key4 yeah lat53's gonna be heaving with bud this year, cheers pal :yep:

@tigseyjnr Nice one buddy, you look ready to rock this season. Love your digs btw, like a mini howls moving castle, :v:

Thanks @greengrocer93, you too buddy :lucky:

Hey @Black Venus, thankyou yes I stick the goosegrass through the juicer sometimes, another quality herb! I ought to drink more nettle tea :g: seeing as it's so good for the plants! ATB :)

• Like 4

I don't know hardly anything about GG ...  ive had a go a long time ago ... failed epically  :thumbdown: ... I learned to leave it to yous guys who know what you're doing ... the plot looks great ... lots of luck with it all @Asher Gong ...

• Like 1

All the very best Asher dude....

Lovely bit of natural growing medium...and nice looking plot too

:toot:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks people! a quick photo update, still early days..

large.IMG_0577.jpg

Unfortunately to remain as covert as poss they went out to the garden safehouse amongst the veg and suffered some cold nights, but they're doing ok..

large.IMG_0578.jpg

green gold

large.IMG_0579.jpg

and whitey freeze..the big un

large.IMG_0491.jpg

oh and some comfrey concentrate i'm making..

Glad for this rain! seasons on the up I reckon..:yinyang:

• Like 6

They are coming along nicely, nice one :yep:. Now as 4 da the comfrey making I'm 4 sure interested in this. All da best Asher :yep:.

• Like 3

Hey thanks  @Irishgirl,

I like to use this method, some people steep it in water, but that gets well smelly. 

Just stuff it in a mesh bag like an old log bag, stick it in a bucket with a hole in it inside a bigger bucket with a spacer(rock), put some heavy rocks on top and leave it for a few weeks. As it rots down it releases a black liquid concentrate that you can bottle up and keep for ages.

• Like 4

Thanks Asher, nice one, I might try tat out. Never heard of this style, method b4 :yep:.

Ya it does turn smell but if da plant like it & it's good 4 them I don't mind. I fill a 10ltr bucket wit rain water with nettles & used tea bag, put lid on & stir it each day till I drain it. I leave it outside da door so it don't smell indoors :yep:.

• Like 1