autos to start

Oldsmoker2017

well hello there this is my first crack at growing my own rather than giving some little scroat my hard earned cashish :)

it all begins (was hoping to get some pics here but ill get there) with a purchase from a friend of a complete grow setup that included a bunch of seeds, tent, pots, lights, fan and filters, heaters and even a little advice :)

i soaked the seeds in water for about 18-20 hours and they all sunk in the end so i got to potting them into starter pots in room temp compost(verve) and thats about as far as i am at the point of typing this i have 3x white widow and 5x original amnesia autos i will be starting some regs soon but this grow is to tide me over till i move hopefully soon

i dont really know what else to say apart from :yahoo: im finally doing it and i will keep everyone updated as events unfold :)

thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings

oldsmoker

(sorry about grammer/spelling im not to bright)

Edited by Oldsmoker2017
Changed soom to soon
  • Like 4

Welcome Oldsmoke,

Don't worry you won't be the oldest here lol

Im sure it'll go well my friend but if you have any questions just shout out loud but first figure out the photo upload as it'll save you time in the end,it's fine and simple once you got it down just takes a bit of getting used to.

With growing a picture says a million words so put some up.

Best of luck and hope you get some fine smoke chap.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 2

:) thanks for the welcome. I think I should be alright if I can make my phone take smaller size pics they are about 5mb at the min and I'm sure the picture uploader said 0.73mb I'll get there slowly but surely 

• Like 1

I forgot to mention they're all tucked up in the tent under a 250w hps at the min on 24/7 to keep them warm (they are at a steady 21.5) but after reading a little was I supposed to start them in their final pots? And just to be awkward what pot size would you recommend I was thinking the buckets you get from Morrison's I think they are about 10 litres would that be enough they will end up under 2x600w hps

Thanks for reading :)

• Like 3

Exciting times ahead.

Potting up from starters is quite acceptable mate, I think you just need to get timing right and take a bit of care. At the risk of sounding like a broken record (I seem to direct people there whenever they mention autos) go have a peek at Blackpoolbouncers diary, it's in the dinafem subforum. He seems to have it nailed. 

Currently halfway through my first proper grow too, only one plant but should be enough for my needs.

Also, use a photo resizing app to change pic size.

Good luck! :yinyang: 

Edited by Openairbud
spelling
  • Like 2

Man I'm shit at this diary thing sorry people :)

I'm growing in a 1.2x2.4 tent with a 250w hps to start in starter pots going to let them have a week or two under it and then i will upgrade to the 2x600's one either side with hopefully 4 plants in 10l buckets under each light

I have a 150mm rvk? Fan, 2x150mm filters (a rhino pro and a buddy) but as their not new i will be buying a new one in a couple of weeks and will buy new bulbs after this grow 

This grow is just to tide me over until i move into my new place and can build something and to see if i can do it :)

I will try to be more on the ball in the future

Edited by Oldsmoker2017
I'm a dumbass
  • Like 3

On 21/04/2017 at 8:14 PM, Oldsmoker2017 said:

Man I'm shit at this diary thing sorry people :)

I'm growing in a 1.2x2.4 tent with a 250w hps to start in starter pots going to let them have a week or two under it and then i will upgrade to the 2x600's one either side with hopefully 4 plants in 10l buckets under each light

I have a 150mm rvk? Fan, 2x150mm filters (a rhino pro and a buddy) but as their not new i will be buying a new one in a couple of weeks and will buy new bulbs after this grow 

This grow is just to tide me over until i move into my new place and can build something and to see if i can do it :)

I will try to be more on the ball in the future

Firstly thank you for documenting your grow and secondly this is the best decision you have made :)

Let's get you through this first auto grow then before long you will know more about the plant and growth phases then you will be able to put this knowledge into use and you have all at Dinafem and you could not ask for a better community than uk420 

From the sound of things you have a nice set up and things so far sound to be doing well :)

As per your question.  In that Suze tent 1.2x2.4x2.0 I assume?  2 x 600w has will suit this environment perfect :yep:

Again thank you for starting this thread. We will be along for the ride so any questions just ask and I will be happy to help :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 1