24yrs of self-sufficiency...Mokkas Marihuana Methods

mokka

She's really filling out now mate! 

I'm surprised you haven't had any frost yet, we've had 2 lots here. Just goes to show is not all about latitude. 

• Like 3

Hi folks, had a busy few days,

Original Amnesia, she´s starting to fill out nicely now and as daylengths drop is starting to finish. I´d say about 50% red hairs on the most developed buds.

Lamps are now come  on at 9am and off at 4pm, anything more and it just is too bright and noticeable. It also makes no sense running the lights if the temps are below 15. So daytimes I´ve got the burner going and am able to keep it above 20 with a rh in the 60´s. ´ve still not found any big bits of mould and tbh I don´t think there´s much botrytis spores about so I´m in no rush to chop her ( and my drying racks are full with G13 ), here´s some pics,

large.P1100860.JPGlarge.P1100848.JPGlarge.P1100847.JPG

and a few from yesterday,

large.P1100875.JPGlarge.P1100874.JPGlarge.P1100873.JPGlarge.P1100872.JPGlarge.P1100871.JPGlarge.P1100870.JPGlarge.P1100869.JPG

I really don´t want to rush this one..

And so to G13, she came down Sunday to Wednesday, I can only say that she´s been possibly one of the best plants I´ve grown ever.

large.P1100859.JPGlarge.P1100856.JPGlarge.P1100842.JPGlarge.P1100864.JPG

I can´t wait to try her out..

Edited by mokka
  • Like 5

On 11/3/2017 at 9:48 AM, beezee said:

I'm surprised you haven't had any frost yet, we've had 2 lots here. Just goes to show is not all about latitude. 

It´s a surprise for me to. "Normaly" we get our first frost about the start/mid Oct, and by mid nov a pretty hard frost (below -5), this year we´ve not even had a ground frost. But when C02 levels hit 403 ppm there isn´t going to be much normal weather, these next 10 / 20 years are gonna get interesting..

@jadenugs and @MacGanja cheers for the kind words, I do cheat alot to get these results, but there´s nothing wrong with a bit of honest cheating.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beezee said:

Only 1 week of the comp left mate, she needs to hurry up lol but she is looking very tasty! 

She´ll be ready when she´s ready, or more likely when she starts going mouldy.

• Like 2

Tbh I reckon she´d be pretty damm tasty now and strong enough too. Even my early harvested PAk is for me more preferable than my autos and that was harvested well early. 

At this point in the season I´m not looking at trichs to see if they are clear milky or amber its a simple question , "is it going mouldy yet" , if not then iI´ll leave it to ripen / go mouldy.

• Like 6

@Mokka I'd love to be able to cheat a bit to get results like you have so late in the season?  Great grow all the best for the rest,

Canna.

• Like 2

@MacGanja I´ve got two 150 Watt Ceramic Metal Halide lamps on the Orig Amnesia. I believe they are slightly more electrically efficient as a normal metal halide and they also produce a bit of UV light.

I´m getting a few bananas on the OA. @Dinafem-Mark is this "normal" with OA or could it be due to the relatively short days ( really no more than 7hrs decent light atm ). I ask because I was wondering about trying to use the pollen to make some fem seeds, but don´t want hermie traits obviously.

Hopefully I´ll have some nice pics for you tomorrow

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, mokka said:

I ask because I was wondering about trying to use the pollen to make some fem seeds, but don´t want hermie traits obviously.

OA is looking really nice mate, massive frosty buds ;)

Unfortunately you're gonna get the hermie traits but there might be one or two that don't hermie if you're lucky. It all depends on whether you have the time to work them and remove the traits by selective breeding and you might find a gem. I do believe Chemdawg came from a hermie.

• Like 3

Hi folks,

Another week has gone by and the OA is still going strong. I´m keeping daytime temps about 20, although when it´s not sunny this uses a fair bit of wood. When it´s sunny (like today) I had 24 degrees with a rh of 54% which is pretty optimal. Nightime temps are dropping to 5 degrees. Anway enough figures here´s some pics,

I haven´t bothered defoliating the lower leaves, there seems no need and they are healthy enough,

large.P1100888.JPG

A couple of pics of the canopy,

large.P1100875.JPGlarge.P1100885.JPG

and a few bud shots,

large.P1100878.JPGlarge.P1100879.JPGlarge.P1100880.JPGlarge.P1100881.JPGlarge.P1100889.JPGlarge.P1100890.JPGlarge.P1100882.JPG

here´s a lower branch bud, 

large.P1100883.JPG

There´s still no signs of mould, and it´s still developing so I haven´t thought about chopping just yet, maybe next weekend. I´m going to curtain off a third of the gh so the burner doesn´t have to heat as big an area and hopefully then I can leave my cacti to overwinter.

• Like 7