Seedsman somango

kyle28

Hello and welcome, along with a lot of you guys I was kindly gifted 3 packs of seeds from @J Trich and the seedsman crew. I've previously only grown their blueberry strain and was pretty chuffed with the results, so couldn't get my name on the list quick enough. 

This grow will be focusing on the pack of somango and hopefully in a few days I'll have some seedlings to show but for now you can have a pic of 3 pots of dirt and cling film lol.

large.IMAG0947_1.jpg

• Like 4

iv got a somango, this was 5 weeks bloom, its a pleasure, not 1 bit finicky, just sort of grows regardless! large.rsz_004.jpggood luck with her!

dj....

• Like 7

Thanks guys, for this grow I'm going back to hps as the hum from the led wears thin lol, @*DJ* she looks a beauty, hopefully mine looks half as good. Have you had chance to try her yet?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kyle28 said:

Thanks guys, for this grow I'm going back to hps as the hum from the led wears thin lol, @*DJ* she looks a beauty, hopefully mine looks half as good. Have you had chance to try her yet?

she will be 6 weeks tomorrow, that was last weeks update @kyle28 im quite looking forward to wrapping a rizla round some though,

dj..

• Like 3

Good luck with this run dude, running Somango myself and by the looks of DJ's work could be good this one :)

• Like 3

2 out of 3 ain't too bad, they'll go into the tent in the next day or 2, lights regime will be 24/7 until my last auto is down then 18/6 for 4 weeks then flower time.

large.IMAG0963_1.jpg

• Like 4

Day 1

They're alive, 4 weeks today they'll be put on 12/12 although I'm tempted to go straight to it like Vince does in his perpetual style.

large.IMAG0975_1.jpg

• Like 4

Day 4

3 healthy seedlings, so they've been on 24/7 but under a very tired 150hps. Nothing else to report really, other than I might chuck the 250w in for flowering but then I'll have the added ball ache of temp management which I don't have with the 150w.

large.IMAG0990_1.jpg

• Like 3

@kyle28

Old bulb be fine for them at this stage really mate, HPS after all and will still fire plenty of photons at them, gives you some time then to get a new lamp for when they need more later on ;)

• Like 2

I'll grab a new bulb towards the end of the month (pay day), at least with the tired bulb I can get an extra inch or 2 closer which will keep any stretch under control. This is the first time I've veg with hps, only ever used 3 cfls daisy chained, I'm hoping this will veg em faster due to my strict self imposed 4 week veg time.

Just as a pointless update, they've been watered lol

• Like 3

@kyle28

Oh you'll notice mate, in comparison to CFL, sodium rockets them through veg (reckon you save a good week if not more in total veg time and plants love it) can see this already in here at this stage that they are faster under it ;)

• Like 2

Music to my eyes reading that lol. I think the longest veg I've done on any photo run is about 6wks and under cheap led and cfl and that was too long for me.

• Like 2