Automasters "Pure Haze Monolith Monster"

AutoMaster

She started out quite normal, inside the blog "Hanna Ph Controlled", but then got quite a bit larger than the rest by the time she was at 12/12 switch. But then she still pushed on with the framework, pushing out hazelnut sized flowers, compare to the rest, inc Freddy's best fems. She was around 10 days behind i figured.....???

She turned out to be, the flip side pheno/geno of the Amnesia Outlaw fem. The Haze inheritence.......it only happens a few times in a growers life expectancy......... the "Super Bean"........ that gene combi, from generations of gene exchange. Throws out the super pheno, a culmination of inheritance peaking. A super monster that dose not have the genetic  "Stop Codeation" !

I have never had one in 6yrs till now........... "The Pure Haze Monolith" is at 97 days from 1st wetting the "Bean"....... and at 62 days of 12/12........... she started out, normal....... but was delayed in flowering a bit, 10 days ??.......... my other 3 are all done and bagged, in cure freddy's best.

But this is the "Flip Side" geno, of Amnesia Outlaw Fem. The Haze inheritance, geno and pheno type expression, the F8+ "Hybrid" has thrown out a pure pheno, on the maternal side. So instead of chopping the Monster Pure Haze Dame, when the nuts where hazel size, and the rest just down, and bagged ??.

I thought, lets see what she's got then, and delay the new germ and selection window. Glad i did, she is a hungry mother too........ i hit this pure sativa with a high Ec nute onlt @1.08........... no tip burn 5-6 day later !!............ she got the hungry gene to ! though keep hitting her after mid term RO balance flush in between feeds, keep the salt down........... off she went.......... 1m wide 1.3m tall Monster.

For one single Dutch Dame, this will be my largest post cure outcome, since i started with those 3 first run, first DP "BlueBerry's" beans 6 years back......... she shows no sign yet, of slowing down, a slight color change in the lower fans, tells me she is on the nute reclaim trail to final load up......... and she is still pushing out the trichomes hard........ i topped her main stem once at 22 days, and a few days later several larger side bows where topped also. Directing energy all over the framework !!  35mm trunk at soil........ she drinks 3ltrs plus a day, and the next day, more dad !! i have had to fire up the RO run early !!........ she has consumed so far at 97 days, she has consumed 246 litres of hydration. Thats one quarter of a tonne of juice......... and still 2 weeks to go.............. mental. Ec at mo is 1.12 nute only.........ph 6.8 in gold label special mix white peat, she love that..........

Due to my strains being sativas, as preference. With sativas, it pays to keep the nute going in of lower Ec's but, keep the 'Nitrogen" going in, into the firsts 3-4wks of flower. As they like to build bud slow and dense, heavy. She is now at 97 days from first watering the "Gigas Super Bean"........

And at 62 days since the 12/12 flip, over 2 months back....... as stated, if all conditions right....... 8wks flower is normal for Dutch Passion genetics..... to get trichs up at "Opaque", and potent pure. But this Dame, just kept on going......... into a Monolith........

PURE HAZE MONOLITH BEAN 62 days flower 97 overall. As sirus say's in Matrix....  "You Are The One" !!!!.... i can vibe with that !!!   Haze >>>>>

large.PTDC0048.JPG

The white tip on the colas above, is hyper phistillation, due to lux in excess of 30,000 @ 15cm from 3w led x3 optical 90 lens. thats 600 plus watts of light......... an HPS would burn it !! the temp of the led at 15cm is 28c............;) inc UVA UVB & IR emitters, makes the diff.....

large.PTDC0046.JPG

still very green fan leaves of the sativa, and "Slim" leaves lets the light in !! trich loading continues !!

large.PTDC0046.JPGlarge.PTDC0045.JPGlarge.PTDC0044.JPG

This is the Freddy's best at same age as Haze pheno...... same bean wetting session !!........ 97 days ago....;)

large.PTDC0041.JPG

"MUM" !!....... i have never smoked the "Haze"....... But the Late "Howie" Dennis Howard Marks, from Kenfigg Hill. it was his favorite sativa strain ;)

large.Dutch-Haze-Dutch-Passion.jpg

Congrats to DP on 30 years of research into, some of the best beans on this planet. And of course,  the first to feminize "Cannaaabis"

large.58cbbe86daf06_DP30thAniversery2017.jpglarge.PTDC0046.JPG

WOW......... ill just leave you with the Monolith pics !!............ i think she speaks for herself........ 2 weeks left to load up even more ;) Automaster

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 7

@AutoMaster mate, that is a stonker!!! Beautiful buds.... that is gonna be SOLID in 2 weeks, I cant wait to see how she looks.

Edited by teehee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, teehee said:

@AutoMaster mate, that is a stonker!!! Beautiful buds.... that is gonna be SOLID in 2 weeks, I cant wait to see how she looks.

Cheers Tee man,....... she is kicking up a 30th anniversary show, for sure ;)... mental, after all those beans ! But i dont think, she will beat the 585 dry from that one AutoExtreme,  to the extreme, you had go mental man !!......... but it's going to be a bounty :)..

She make me feel guilty, for under feeding her !!........... but she is just on the turn now, so the enlargement show is over, now the final load begins... she is on Pk13/14 at 0.4 in the nute pack........ at 1.01Ec + Buffer + silicone salts, fed at 21c @Ph6.8 in the special mix......... begins to feel like you gotta bring in a 737, but you still got one third of the flight journey left, to get the runway in sight !!............ the aroma is pure sweetness.. and cream caramel...... and stickier than hot caramel.......... the phistills are huge, like triploid. She might be triploid !!.......... you know the one, when your trimming, and you get the "3" buds tight on stem togeather, "triploid".... i havent had a look yet......... the autumb colors wont be long away now, as she will hit her reserves as well during flush....... AM

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AutoMaster said:

begins to feel like you gotta bring in a 737, but you still got one third of the flight journey left, to get the runway in sight !!...........

I know what you mean mate, I feel like a grow is like a lunar mission, take off, then on their way off, you're full of hope and expectation.... then a quiet period while they travel behind the moon - out of radio coverage, then BOOM, they're on their way back home faster and faster till they hit the atmosphere...... tense times as you guide them home, and finally splashdown.... gotta rescue them before they sink out of trace.... if successful you reap all the glory!

9 hours ago, AutoMaster said:

the aroma is pure sweetness.. and cream caramel...... and stickier than hot caramel.......... the phistills are huge, like triploid. She might be triploid !!.......... you know the one, when your trimming, and you get the "3" buds tight on stem togeather, "triploid".... i havent had a look yet......... the autumb colors wont be long away now, as she will hit her reserves as well during flush....... AM

Your place must just smell amazing Bro! If you need a hand finding those triploids let me know!

I gave you a shout out on my new grow AM.... come have a look!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 1

AM Bruv, re your Photons..... why do you put tape over some of the vents?

You had any problems with the units? One of my panels has given loads of grief, one by one the LEDs went in my last grow, now I got replacements, and 3 are fucked again, i dunno if its a switch issue or what. M is good with replacing bits, but he seems to feel that's it with this one, and it looks like I'm gonna have to shell out again for a couple more Skylines. Have you tried the Skylines, what do you think about them.... I'm quite impressed.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2017 at 10:44 PM, teehee said:

You had any problems with the units? One of my panels has given loads of grief, one by one the LEDs went in my last grow, now I got replacements, and 3 are fucked again, i dunno if its a switch issue or what. M is good with replacing bits, but he seems to feel that's it with this one, and it looks like I'm gonna have to shell out again for a couple more Skylines. Have you tried the Skylines, what do you think about them.... I'm quite impressed.

The photon 189 90 degree x3 lens unit has, and still is been a good unit. The issues with the unit are 3 fold and simple. if you get these on track the unit is still pushing the same power it did "5" years ago when new as metered.

Due to led quality bridgelux. However, these 3 items can occurr;

1) if you run the unit in 31-33c ambient  (@Unit Height)....... as the blue spectrum 680 720nm diodes run at a higher temperature than the rest of diode spectrum's red yellow. In 30c the blue diodes "Overheat" the surface mounted diode. And the core of sulfurs goes black, and can make it onto the inside of the 3x lens and do that as well.

2) The 2 diode and single diode driver units (Black Boxes) are also vulnerable to prolonged temps above 30c. You switch it off in winter down to an ambient of 15c........ = high thermal curve. They dont like it. All the internal components are very easy to change out simple job, pozi zip ties and a small flat head screw driver for pushing back power lugs on drivers easy. Some drivers last for years others 12-18months........ i have changed out in 4 189 photons in 5yrs 8-10 drivers out off a total 20 drivers 5 in each unit. And the 21 pod led units inc 3x lens due to blue diode burns about 10no, 21 diode pods (Blue Burns), out of a total of 36 led 3x led pods.

3) Noise, to address this, a the 4no 189 photon units push out with 4 100mm fans in each, about 40db........... so i removed 2no fans from each 189 pod, leaving 2 of the new super silent clear 100mm cooler fans in each unit. That dropped noise to below 30db's..... and did not burn out any blue leds running it at 29c max temps in room. And did drop noise.

As i have changed out all my weak drivers and pods....... and changed fans to super silent from M's. In the first 4 years changed em all out. I aint had an issue with nout for 2 years now.............. temps have been last summer on 18/6 veg, lights still on uoto midday here...temps have hit 31c lights on........ but no blue diodes burning sulfur out etc.......... all still fine. I just put it down to variable manufacture weaknesses in the drivers and diode pods.........

like the look of the skyline........ multi small pod set up is more easy to "Apply" ie..... angle the pods and spread 4 out horizontal to cover an area etc... ie better coverage from 4 sylines than one 189, 9 pod unit. That 9 pods of 21 led's, in a 189 photon giving 567w of led power or 670w of HPS power............ the skyline lens is 63 degree's so even more power full angle of light concentration than the 90 degree x3 lens......... all the time these old units keep doing the 95% job, why spend dow, the parts from M are cheap etc.

To be fair, when i run the thermal tests on units, first time, i removed "All The Fans"....... the 100mm cooling fans, at first !!! To my surprise the first pod that burned the blue sulfur, did do it untill 2 weeks later, so for quite a while they run fanlless !! at a peak temp of 30c in a 26-27c room on thermo extractor  fan at 26c. That when i put one fan back in............ month later temp spike did another single led in the 21 led pod, the blue led's....... so put 2no 100mm cooler fans in, no pod issues.....proving to many fans to much noise at 40db's for me...

Trouble is with true fanless units is the heatsink is massive and weighs 10k 40kg to hand then !!

To be fair some of the replacements, mentioned above, where due to me experimenting with the fans and lower noise etc......... if a diode burns on the rated fans "Un Tampered"  then it's just a poor led or dry weld / solder tag impeded, (700mah forward current, )causing additional heat to the SMD and diode sulfur...= burn, even at 29c, weak diode etc....... like genetics, a "Variable Manufacture Process" ;)

Automaster;)

Addendum;  manufacture issues are partly due to the fact that the Chinese take opium while at work.... and during celebrations of different kinds related to the god, and religious festivals, a religious rave of sorts at work......... they have to live in the factory's and are fed rodent and dog meat for dinner, is a fact, also other small mammels on the barbie........... same with wooden interior plantation shutters manufacture !!, open the box 15wks later, and the hinges are missing ??  but thrown in the box with the crews ??? OPIUM AM

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 1

On 17/03/2017 at 10:44 PM, teehee said:

tape is closing off one vent each side, opposite the the fan inside tee........ i only use 2no 100mm super silent fans im that unit to keep noise down without affecting the cooling............ 4no fans just aint needed in temperate zone............. hot zones yea, probably.......

Tape directs airflow across the unit more evenly....cooling better.......... less noise from units no issues thrown out .......... the room runs at below 30db's......... so acoustic panels do the rest............. cup on wall you here very little !!............ behind the wall acoustic panels are the heat reflecting 5mm EPS foam panels pinned on my side of wall to reflect therms back into my room.......... thermal isolation means "No Condensation" on the other side of the party wall.......... if no heating is on in that room the other side of mine, condensation gives the game away you see !! eventually,......... mold and investigations !!.......... back to cup on wall with cluso types, you know the one.....  ;) AM

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 2

On 18/03/2017 at 1:11 PM, styer556 said:

They look amazing AM :rockon:

Cheers styers bro....... other than the ripe freddy's best in the shot......... the rest is all one "Mega Dame Haze"........ biggest, for me that ever sprouted.......... and it happened on anniversary year, of the 6 years i have been trying to get the best out of em !!!! With very little effort from me !!!   Automaster

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 2

Update; Day 104 and 69 Days Flowering; Haze Monster.....

A day short, of 10 wks 12/12, at 70 days, and 14.8 weeks overall growth on the Haze....

just wanted to compare how much trich she has loaded over 7 days, on Ec 1.05 total Ec, that includes 0.4Ec PK13/14 and organic bud booster, inc sugars.......

Feed Ph @6.8

Ec total 1.05 @22c

RH @37%

Temps 22c lights out 27.5c- 28.5c lights on

Soil temp 21c

1.5-2.2ltrs per day, every 3rd day left to dry out.

She has fully begun to pull back mobile nutes now, and utilize them. As the fan colors, pull up lighter green, and is making good use of the Pk and bud booster, ontop of nute capture. I recon to start pure RO flush next week at some point. Got me new beans, and medium ready to go !!... thought she would go 14wks in flower, but the multi topped plant, has directed energy into the extra colas, caused by topping her early on upto day 22, and well before 12/12 switch....... topping can add several days to grow. 

Pure Dutch Passion feminized Haze.....

large.PTDC0044.JPGlarge.PTDC0045.JPGlarge.PTDC0048.JPG

She is showing 5mm tip burn, and curling down. On a total of Ec 1.05, so will have to back down a bit to 0.8.... you cant push sativas to hard in flower. I just found her sensitivity level........... getting Pk in before flush is allways a squeeze ! Automaster

• Like 2

just a few pics of the color change of the Haze as she loads up........... and a couple of side light shots, in white light to show trich load......... she is coming on well......... will try and drop in, couple time a week. But start a new (Daily) piece of work 2moz......... that will last till "August" !!............ will be in regular though.......also to give up the harvest stats on this monster..... best; Automaster

Some potent loading going on on that 0.4Ec Pk................ half way through color change now. So will start flushing next week for 10 days on pure RO........ av a good week all........ AM

large.PTDC0051.JPGlarge.PTDC0052.JPGlarge.PTDC0053.JPGlarge.PTDC0056.JPG

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DutchPassionTony said:

plenty of buds there AM, nice growing as always

Cheers tony.................. hope all went well at spannabis.............. the Haze is smelling like, well, pure sweetness. She has been on pure RO flush for 8 days now, and used up all the reserve nute in the medium. And now is pulling in her final reserves of mobile elements. Looking like Autumn for the Haze......... as she approches her final days.

A stunning Dame she is too........... she is at  110 days overall 15.7wks........ and 75 days in flower 10.7 weeks of fruitification. And she aint done loading up the trichs yet !!.............. here she is at 110 days old........... in Autumn colors..........

110 day 75 flowering Haze Monolith Dame;)  That is one heavy load she is carrying Tone, strong plant too, no canes needed to hold up the 300-400g wet  multi topped colas sets............. she is going to weigh in "Dry", above my estimates !! High Quality Genetics, is my Passion, few make this grade !!. Dripping with trichs, you can judge the colas size from the full size leaves....... fruit barrels !!  gorgeous Dame.

large.PTDC0081.JPGlarge.PTDC0084.JPGlarge.PTDC0090.JPG

Tone, hope you get time to go the the "Kitchen Garden", the "Keukenhoff" this year, she is just about to explode into color bro. Just a half hour car ride to get there for you bro... lucky man......... been a warm winter recon the Tulipa cordata will be very bright in color this year.........

This is a Keukenhoff special   "Hollands Queen"........ what a Tulipa she is >>>  Hollands Queen........ managed to get 15 corns of her last year...... mental Tulip >>  each one, hand planted 4 million plus bulbs go into the ground, & out ! every year ;)

large.58dd598076348_HollandsQueenKeukenhof2014.jpg

Keukenhoff in flower, just as we like it.......... 5 weeks only folks, then the show is over for another year...   Automaster

large.images2.jpeg

Edited by AutoMaster
  • Like 2