Blue Kush - Help!

Guest mrtibbs

Guest mrtibbs

I have 5 Blue kush babies in early veg.

I just wanted to know a bit more information about this strain from people that have run it:

• How much does it Stretch in flower (very important)
  • Is it Sensitive to Nutes 
  • Minimum and max flower times depending on Pheno
  • Does it like hotter\colder temps
  • Whats it growth structure like (needs supporting, spindly etc)
  •  What your favourite pheno was, and what i should look out for to identify this (smell, growth structure etc) 

If it helps i am running in rockwool with a mix of canna and Houses and garden nutes, and am going back to vertical bare-bulb growing.

Any help would be really appreciated. Hopefully i can learn a bit more about the strain before the plants start taking off.

I have already read everything direct from dinafem website as well as a few smoke reports, i just think its important to get some help from growers too.

Thanks people

@mrtibbs

Hi bud, can't help you but it's near the top of my list for this year so I'll be interested to see what people have to say.

I'm pretty sure there are a few on here who've grown this one, no doubt they will surface soon enough.

Good luck with them mate, all reports are good, but then it's dinafem so expect nothing less.  :yep: 

atb

stu:oldtoker:

• Like 1

Guest mrtibbs
8 minutes ago, stu914 said:

@mrtibbs

Hi bud, can't help you but it's near the top of my list for this year so I'll be interested to see what people have to say.

I'm pretty sure there are a few on here who've grown this one, no doubt they will surface soon enough.

Good luck with them mate, all reports are good, but then it's dinafem so expect nothing less.  :yep: 

atb

stu:oldtoker:

Yeah Dinafem have my backing for sure. I recently had the worst grow I have ever had  in terms of environment with OG Kush, and they still just chugged along and resulted in a nice smoke.

There are a few diaries online for Blue kush, i just thought i would see if anyone else could provide any more info. If you give me a few months  i can let you know how they got on. So far they are doing really well. I think they are light feeders but wanted everyone elses views on that.

On 07/03/2017 at 6:29 PM, mrtibbs said:

I have 5 Blue kush babies in early veg.

I just wanted to know a bit more information about this strain from people that have run it:

• How much does it Stretch in flower (very important)
  • Is it Sensitive to Nutes 
  • Minimum and max flower times depending on Pheno
  • Does it like hotter\colder temps
  • Whats it growth structure like (needs supporting, spindly etc)
  •  What your favourite pheno was, and what i should look out for to identify this (smell, growth structure etc) 

If it helps i am running in rockwool with a mix of canna and Houses and garden nutes, and am going back to vertical bare-bulb growing.

Any help would be really appreciated. Hopefully i can learn a bit more about the strain before the plants start taking off.

I have already read everything direct from dinafem website as well as a few smoke reports, i just think its important to get some help from growers too.

Thanks people

Hello, I've not grown our blue kush personally but have watched many grows and sampled the end product quite a few times :yep:

You will find 3 phenos maybe 4 :)

1 is very blueberry dominant and has a 2 x stretch, blueberry structure with one single cola and supplemental side branching

2 is kush dominant and has 1.75-2.25x stretch. She has a lot more side branches and more suited to scrogg growing :)

3 this pheno I would class as 75% blueberry and 25% kush. The stretch on this was 2x and had more side branches than pheno 1 and more lightly structured buds. Where as pheno 1 and 2 had very densely structured buds :yep:

As I said I have not grown this personally but I will try and find more information for you :)

The favorite pheno I tried was pheno 3 with a very heavy blueberry taste and a more heavy high than normal blueberry which was the kush influence :)

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

On 07/03/2017 at 7:26 PM, mrtibbs said:

Yeah Dinafem have my backing for sure. I recently had the worst grow I have ever had  in terms of environment with OG Kush, and they still just chugged along and resulted in a nice smoke.

There are a few diaries online for Blue kush, i just thought i would see if anyone else could provide any more info. If you give me a few months  i can let you know how they got on. So far they are doing really well. I think they are light feeders but wanted everyone elses views on that.

You will find that yes they are quite light feeding plants other than the heavily kush dominant pheno. This pheno need more feed :) you will know this pheno as she has a lot of supplemental side branching whereas the other phenos are more single cola phenos with not so much side shoots :)

All the best 

Mark. 

2 minutes ago, Breezus said:

@Dinafem-Mark can I have a pack of pheno 3 :toot:lol I'm here all week 

You would have to pheno hunt her mate :) from the grows I have seen she shoes up quite often :yep:

If this is a strain you would like to grow and document get your name down in the indoor grow thread competition :)

All the best 

Mark. 

3 minutes ago, Breezus said:

Already put my name down mate , I'm looking at a different kush strain, the purple Afghan :yahoo: if you're kind enough to invite me of course @Dinafem-Mark

As I've said before "when you try pak you won't go back" best kush strain on our menu Imo :yep:

All the best 

Mark. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dinafem-Mark said:

As I've said before "when you try pak you won't go back" best kush strain on our menu Imo :yep:

All the best 

Mark. 

It appeals for structure and medicinal , one question , what's the flowering period roughly ? I'll try to do her justice mate .

1 hour ago, Breezus said:

It appeals for structure and medicinal , one question , what's the flowering period roughly ? I'll try to do her justice mate .

You are looking at 60-70 days mate :yep: one word of warning she can be a tricky strain. She does not look the prettiest in growth and very slow in veg. This is all made up at the end with some excellent tasting flowers :)

One of my top 5 for sure and all that grow her want more :)

All the best 

Mark.

4 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

You are looking at 60-70 days mate :yep: one word of warning she can be a tricky strain. She does not look the prettiest in growth and very slow in veg. This is all made up at the end with some excellent tasting flowers :)

One of my top 5 for sure and all that grow her want more :)

All the best 

Mark.

@Dinafem-Mark I like a challenge, does she like training , I was thinking of running 3 and 1 mainline 8 heads , 1 topped only  and the last au naturale . Given the training plans long veg won't be a prob and 10 weeks works for me timing wise.

Thanks 

Edited by Breezus
Fat fingers

44 minutes ago, Breezus said:

@Dinafem-Mark I like a challenge, does she like training , I was thinking of running 3 and 1 mainline 8 heads , 1 topped only  and the last au naturale . Given the training plans long veg won't be a prob and 10 weeks works for me timing wise.

Thanks 

I have seen good results with training but to tell the truth some light lst and let grown out au naturale :yep:

Would love to see how you get on and we have a few seasoned pak growers on uk420 so you will have tons of advice and support :yep:

All the best 

Mark. 

@mrtibbs

Diary on the Blue Kush can be accessed via sig mate...lovely smoke, absolutely delish tbh, don;t let the roots dip below 20 C and they ramp on, not hard to manage at all, big fans and can purple up at the end :yep:

• Like 1

On 09/03/2017 at 1:25 PM, botanics said:

@mrtibbs

Diary on the Blue Kush can be accessed via sig mate...lovely smoke, absolutely delish tbh, don;t let the roots dip below 20 C and they ramp on, not hard to manage at all, big fans and can purple up at the end :yep:

Thanks for the input mate :yep:

All the best 

Mark.