Budmaster II XG-2 LED advice

Tesco Metro

Hi

I've searched the forums and wider and can't get a good answer on this beyond the spec sheets of the product itself.  I wondered if anyone had any experience they could share.

Would the budmaster II XG-2 LED be suitable for a single plant in a DR60 sized(ish) tent?  It's spec sheet shows a coverage area of 40x80.  I'm interested as to whether penetration is likely to be sufficient for a plant's full lifecycle.

I'm an absolute beginner and, to be honest, would probably have gone with a cheaper panel with higher wattage (such as a Mars Hydro II 400), but they seem to be difficult to find offline and I'm not very comfortable purchasing with a credit card.  So it looks as though a budmaster is one of the only models readily available if I want to pick up in person from a shopfront.  Which means I don't really want to invest in anything much more expensive that the BM XG-2 until I know that I enjoy this new project and am any good at it.

Specs are as follows:

LED's:  50 x Epiled 3w Led's
Coverage:  40 x 80cm
Energy Used:  90w
Input Voltage:  100 - 240v
Frequency:  50 - 60 hz
Current:  600ma
Voltage:  70v
Amps:  0.36 Amps

I would be grateful for any advice on whether this model is likely to do the trick?

@Tesco Metro Well overpriced. budmasters higher end panels are decent but still well over the odds. If your buying cheap led you might as well go chinese and save yourself a fortune. Mars or viparspectra would suit your needs. id credit card it but its up to you! If you really wanna pay 300 quid for 90w of pretty dated diodes thats your choice man. Budmasters build quality is nice but its jus SO overpriced. 

Get 150-200w actual draw for that size area

peace

:afro:

Edited by lukio

@lukio 

Thank you.  I'd heard some good things about other models elsewhere, but its good to know that the model I'm looking at isn't worth the money.

Had always wanted grownorthern box, and wouldn't be quite so nervous about dealing directly with them but they're sold out at the moment.  I could get a prepaid credit card to buy a Mars of Vipar I suppose, but the thought of ordering through Amazon market place doesn't do much for anxiety levels :)

Thanks for the help.