Countdown to Zelda !

Jut

Legend of Zelda : Breath of the wild releases Friday 3rd after more than 2 years of delay.  Edge magazine have already given it a perfect score !

“The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven’t felt for 20 years. Not since Ocarina of Time have we set foot in a world that feels so mind-bogglingly vast and unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything. Few, if any, ever deliver so irresistibly. 19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gamings best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place”.

Here's a small excerpt from Metro's review.

"Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda"

Anyone else here picking this up ? 

just checked out the trailer and i dont know, not too keen on those cartoon looking graphics. I know zelda has always been cartoon like compare to other games but the trailer looked more cartoon than past games. I bet the graphics on the ocarina of time now looks so terrible lol tried to play some old games a few years ago that i remember spending hours playing, tomb raider, resident evil etc and the graphics were so shocking you wondered how you ever played it.

• Like 1

The Legend of Zelda series is one of my favourite game series ever, right back to the first one, pretty much every single game in the series has been a masterpiece (and I've owned every Nintendo console since the NES - my first ever games console). But I'm not sure if I'll be getting the Nintendo Switch, the whole 'console that can also be a handheld' gimmick just doesn't appeal to me :nea:

• Like 3

I was just looking at the Switch, hadn't heard of it before tbh. As long as you can play in on a tv like a normal console, then surely the fact that you can detach the tablet bit and play without a tv is more of a bonus than a gimmick? That's how it seems to me anyhow, although I admit the controller looks a bit naff. Kind of thing you'd want to see anf feel in the flesh before I'd even consider buying it though. That said, I'd LOVE to play this new Zelda game, Ocarina of Time is up there in my top three games ever (along with FFX and Skyrim and New Vegas) :v:

How much is a Nintendo Switch to play it on ? About £350 ? That's a lot of money for one game and there will only be one decent game on switch for a long time

This could be make of break for Nintendo I think , they need success with this console as the Wii u was a disaster for them

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Degsy said:

How much is a Nintendo Switch to play it on ? About £350 ? That's a lot of money for one game and there will only be one decent game on switch for a long time

This could be make of break for Nintendo I think , they need success with this console as the Wii u was a disaster for them

Amazon are charging me 328 for the machine plus Zelda.

You are right though, unless you're a big Zelda fan it's best to wait till Xmas when Mario comes out.

Switch couldn't break Nintendo, they have enough liquid cash for many, many Wii U style failures. 

6 hours ago, Degsy said:

I think you could be right, I know lots of people that have cancelled their orders for this console and the game based on the shitty practices of Nintendo. They are not only holding back content and planning to charge people for it later, you can't even play this game on hard-mode unless you pay extra for that feature. This stinks of desperation, Nintendo were one of the only developers not following this anti-consumer business model. Until now. I will also no longer be buying the game and console based on this.

It's going to be on wii u as well.

Really looking forward to playing it with my boy

We're holding out for a switch, but I hope it's going to be a game changer for Nintendo. I really think it could be like the first wii , in that there's loads of new intuitive play styles possible and so will appeal to a lot of different folk.

I (and my son) really want one , but 300 is steep, especially as there's nothing totally new (except 12switch) that a u owner can't already play . Mario will soon open my wallet though, I'm sure

It's f....in brilliant.

I've sneaked a couple of hours play in , but it's really for my son's birthday in a week or so, so I've had to erase everything so he doesn't find out and so I don't ruin  it for myself too!

I really can't wait to play it with him , it is huge and you really can go anywhere and do pretty much whatever you want.

If you've got a wii u , I really think it's worth the (high) price.

If I was loaded , I'd buy a switch to play it on  too. It'd be great for the train  or bus.

Edited by ramblingmadman
  • Like 2

On 07/03/2017 at 6:33 PM, ramblingmadman said:

It's f....in brilliant.

I've sneaked a couple of hours play in , but it's really for my son's birthday in a week or so, so I've had to erase everything so he doesn't find out and so I don't ruin  it for myself too!

I really can't wait to play it with him , it is huge and you really can go anywhere and do pretty much whatever you want.

If you've got a wii u , I really think it's worth the (high) price.

If I was loaded , I'd buy a switch to play it on  too. It'd be great for the train  or bus.

It's nice when a game actually lives upto the hype :) 

I'm not gonna fork out on a Switch, but I'm definitely gonna get it for the Wii U (when I've finished Horizon Zero Dawn - I'll trade in that and a couple of other games I've finished with for it :) ).

3 hours ago, Boojum said:

I'm not gonna fork out on a Switch, but I'm definitely gonna get it for the Wii U (when I've finished Horizon Zero Dawn - I'll trade in that and a couple of other games I've finished with for it :) ).

What does Horizon play like ? Any good ? 

Looks beautiful in the reviews, I need more games with HDR support. Might pick it up when I'm done with Zelda.  

Would love to give the new Zelda a blast played almost all o them since I was a kid even the handheld ones don't have a wii U tho an nae buyin a console just for one game I will wait til they get it workin on an emulator methinks

Edited by hazy harry

Superb game. I've not got a ps4 plus or a 4k tv, just a normal ps4 and normal HD telly but it still looks gorgeous, and it plays as good as it looks, the combat is really fun, using traps and shooting weak points on massive robot animals using elemental arrows to zap them, freeze them and blow them up is great fun :)