Seed casings stuck

reef3er

Got 3 BK cbd and 1 BK all broke soil 2/3 days ago and all the casings are still on,managed to get one off last night with tweezers,hearing mixed answers about this issue to leave it and let nature take its course and also if they dont drop in 3 days it could easily kill them due to them not getting the light they need as they aren't just stuck to a leaf they are preventing the seedling from opening at all ? The 3 cbd seeds were put a good 1/4" down in soil and the bk similar depth in rockwool,what do you recommend as i can see them going in the bin and having to buy other seeds.

• Like 2

Get some water same temps as your tent and spray the seedling mate or use a syringe warm water and keep putting a few drips on every couple of hours or so, they will soon open them selves ;)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Exile420 said:

Get some water same temps as your tent and spray the seedling mate or use a syringe warm water and keep putting a few drips on every couple of hours or so, they will soon open them selves ;)

Done that several times last night and they still wouldn't remove this morning.got a feeling they will grow like shit 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jimmyarm said:

I just pulled (gently) mine off :)

Remember doing it to some the regs I grew a while back, some get a bit stuck and need a hand.

I'll give them till tommorow and if they haven't came off themselves or with me trying they will be ditched and I'll buy different seeds ,not sure if it's common but its pissed me off already at such an early stage

• Like 2

I wouldn't worry about it overly, as long as they come off one way or another.

If seeds were cheaper and it was 'legal' we would probably be all sowing loads of them in order to select the best few to go into flower.

Same as growing carrots etc, gradually thining the flock out.

The plant it my diary had its helmet manually removed lol

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmyarm said:

I wouldn't worry about it overly, as long as they come off one way or another.

If seeds were cheaper and it was 'legal' we would probably be all sowing loads of them in order to select the best few to go into flower.

Same as growing carrots etc, gradually thining the flock out.

The plant it my diary had its helmet manually removed lol

the seedling of the one i removed last night is looking better,got normal colour in the cots and true leaves showing,the other 3 its visible that they are gradually pushing them off though you can see the membrane kinda strangling 1 of them, i'm still tempted to rip the helmet off it later lol

pretty sure all will be well and im just in panic mode with impatience thrown in !!

Edited by reef3er
  • Like 2

Looks fine, second pic down will come off with a gentle bit of persuasion. I would happily pop that off with my fat fingers lol

I'd wait a little for the other two as they look a bit more 'tight' (as per Exiles post above keep that bit a little damp) but would still manually do it after a day or two once they have cracked a bit more :)

• Like 2

You can pinch the birthing sac off but do it carefully, I've managed to pull the head of a seedling clean off doing this after a few beers so yeah be careful. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, reef3er said:

large.20170208_1807041111.jpglarge.20170208_1807201111.jpglarge.20170208_1807331111.jpglarge.20170208_1807581111.jpg

I'm not sure why this has only just showed up in the Dinafem section? 

Going of the pictures I would give another 12 hours to see if the tap leaves have the power to push the outer shell/casing/helmet of if not do as you have with the tweezers and gently try and give mother nature a helping hand.

The plant that the shell has shed looks to be doing well and I'm sure by this time tomorrow all will be of and growing well :)

Keep us posted on the progress mate :) and sorry for the late reply this one sloped passed me :oldtoker:

All the best 

Mark.