Led cob cxa3590

KaptainKush

Could anyone tell me if this "Mean Well ELG-75-C1400DA" would be good for driving one cxa3590? These are cheaper than hlg and are available in the UK, The Plan was to dim down a tad for my space? Old server box so quite small but achievable having seen a dude on the net do pretty well with one. 

Appreciate if anyone could help :)

• Like 1

That will work, checked the datasheet for you and assuming you are buying the 36v cob the driver will do constant current @  27 - 54V.

• Like 2

• You wont want to run a cob in that space at 50watts as it will burn the plant. 50 watts will need at least 18 inches from canopy.

Won't be running at 50w. Going to dim down, I think the guy who I got my inspiration from ran his at 700ma and got very good results, I will play about with temps fan speeds etc first to try and get the environment dialed. Thanks for the input :)

On 07/02/2017 at 6:55 PM, tokenroll said:
  • You wont want to run a cob in that space at 50watts as it will burn the plant. 50 watts will need at least 18 inches from canopy.

Light burn or temp burn, 

I was running 2 x 50Ws with CPU heatsinks + fan about 6" from canopy  didnt experience burning, (not from my lights anyway haha) 

Edited by Badders

@Badders I can't put my 3070 cobs at 50watts closer than 18inches or it light burns/bleaches the the tops. Plants always seem happier to me with 2ft of space from cob to canopy. Cobs getting retired in a week or so, waiting on new kit to be sent.

On 09/02/2017 at 7:17 PM, tokenroll said:

@Badders I can't put my 3070 cobs at 50watts closer than 18inches or it light burns/bleaches the the tops. Plants always seem happier to me with 2ft of space from cob to canopy. Cobs getting retired in a week or so, waiting on new kit to be sent.

agreed, wish I had more height, :( 

• Like 1