Styers SAD Sweet Skunk

styer556

10 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

gotta say im no fan of cheeses in general but i quite fancy yours styer ..looking great chap

Thanks Vince .. :)

WEEK 4 

Hi all Week 4 Flower and 9 weeks over all :)

Everything going good except for a bit of yellowing ? no idea what it is but plants look really good over all ,,very frosty so am happy 

I could be in for a big weight with these 12 oz and i will be delighted ,,,,Wishful thinking  there :)

ok here is a look at front of tent ....

large.58ef31c09785b_Tentopening.jpglarge.58ef31af31fa0_4weeks.jpglarge_full.jpg

And the SADs ....

large.58ef31dd57c2c_SAD4weeeks.jpg

Sweet Skunk ,,,,

large_Yum.jpglarge_SS.jpg

Lot of yellowing in the pictures i just noticed how bad they are  ,,need to keep an eye on these >>

Real frosty though...Sweet Skunk 

large.Frostyness.jpglarge.58ef31d39cdf8_SweetSkunk4weeks.jpg

just going to keep giving nutes as per BioBizz Chart 

Well thanks for looking ......

Cheers Rab

Cheers Rabthegrower

rabthegrower

• Like 10

Well I dunno about others, but I think these are looking lovely tbh, I don't see anything wrong with them, they're just burning up what they've stored and doing it very effectively too, by keeping that N down it's also meant that your buds aint full of leaf and the calyx ratio is better, N can inhibit flowers and quite often I see it about the place where there's stunning plants and frosty buds but way too much N, these are good bud and I wouldn't be worrying at this stage tbh, let em burn those fans completely, not good for anything afterwards anyhow :yep:

• Like 5

Just now, botanics said:

Well I dunno about others, but I think these are looking lovely tbh, I don't see anything wrong with them, they're just burning up what they've stored and doing it very effectively too, by keeping that N down it's also meant that your buds aint full of leaf and the calyx ratio is better, N can inhibit flowers and quite often I see it about the place where there's stunning plants and frosty buds but way too much N, these are good bud and I wouldn't be worrying at this stage tbh, let em burn those fans completely, not good for anything afterwards anyhow :yep:

e2a

I just looked and it's week four :eek: I thought they were further than that so considering that I'd give an Mg dose to slow down that N loss out of the leaves, it's obviously on the low end because you're still giving these Fishmix ;) 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, botanics said:

e2a

I just looked and it's week four :eek: I thought they were further than that so considering that I'd give an Mg dose to slow down that N loss out of the leaves, it's obviously on the low end because you're still giving these Fishmix ;) 

Cheers botanics ,,i have given some Grow and Bloom this morning 2 mill bloom and 1 mill grow no fishmix ,,,You are saying to give Mg dose ..something like Calmag be ok ?

• Like 4

@styer556

I can't say on cal/mag mate because I've never used it, I use epsom salts for Mg and I've never had issues with using it either, not much just a level teaspoon in a litre and usually foliar feed, but this bloom would be a bit too advanced for a foliar for me, so in the compost it'd go.

I don't know your water see, and if you're getting a lot of calcium from any limestone filtration and hard then I wouldn't want to cock it up for you by saying yeah crack on with the cal mag, you know your water mate use your judgement on that one but if you haven't supplemented these plants at all with any extra Mg then they will definately need it because your bloom will suffer once the plant can't transport anymore to the developing flowers ;) 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, botanics said:

@styer556

I can't say on cal/mag mate because I've never used it, I use epsom salts for Mg and I've never had issues with using it either, not much just a level teaspoon in a litre and usually foliar feed, but this bloom would be a bit too advanced for a foliar for me, so in the compost it'd go.

I don't know your water see, and if you're getting a lot of calcium from any limestone filtration and hard then I wouldn't want to cock it up for you by saying yeah crack on with the cal mag, you know your water mate use your judgement on that one but if you haven't supplemented these plants at all with any extra Mg then they will definately need it because your bloom will suffer once the plant can't transport anymore to the developing flowers ;) 

Cheers botanics ,,will give Epsom salts next watering ,have not supplemented plants with any extra Mg ..have nearly always started to get  yellow leaves at week 4 to 5 for some reason.

Will check out my water and see what ph and if it has extra calcium in it 

• Like 5

:yep: Ah right, well that's why your tending to get it at the same times if not supplementing mate, most peeps will supplement extra Mg at around 21 days 12/12 because they do use a bit more of it than the other trace elements ;) atb with them bud, think you'll be fine with them tbh :v: 

• Like 5

Small problem maybe  leaves are starting to go bit more yellow ..i think its hunger am going to give some Epsom Salt next watering and up the bloom to 3 mill and 1 mill grow and topmax 

any ideas ......

large.yellowing.png

• Like 3

@styer556

Oh they're definately hungry mate, but be carefull of giving them too much in one go mind, you know your nutes like, but until that Mg gets into them you can pump N into them all day long but they'll find it hard to use it.

As soon as that Mg gets into the soil it's available ad they'll be rapid in their response with it, but those yellow leaves are gone now bud, they'll lose them now as the chlorophyl has been sucked out and their are being sacrificed for the bloom, you see the purple petiole,, well the the more purple that petiole goes the more they need Magnesium, if you see them going purple again, the old epsoms foliar job ;) 

• Like 4

Plants are lookings great @styer556

Can't believe how far along they look for 4 weeks.

I used to suffer with a similar issue at same time in flower as you with the same combo of grow and bloom. Since changing to fishmix and ot bloom I don't suffer as much.

Great advice @botanics :yep: like you say I give a one off feed of calmag day 21 feed.

Good luck styer556 with rest of flower

• Like 3

Thanks botanics and Highburyway  ............. i gave them 3 mill Bloom ,1 mill Grow,1 mill topmax and some epsom salts this watering and i think i have stopped the mad rush of yellowing they were doing

Will look out for this in the future ,,i never give my plants Epsom Salts but will be  doing so in future 

thanks guys :)

• Like 3

WEEK 5  

Hi all, Week 5 is here and all seems good ...Temps are 28 lights on 22 lights off 

Humidity sitting at 55 

Gave 3 Mill Bloom ,1 Mill Grow ,1 mill TopMax and added some Epsom Salts to the water as well 

Did seem to stop the yellowing but if not the buds are lovely and frosty anyway 

Dont know what they smell like to be honest except the SAD Has a very intense Smell ..lovely 

Here is a look at all of them ,,,,,,

large.Opening.jpglarge.58f7cb5b76897_Canopy5weeks.jpg

The SAD,,,,

large_SAD.jpglarge.58f7cb6385773_5weeks.jpg

And the Sweet skunk....

large.58f7cb705cdbe_SS5weeks.jpg

And some frostyness :)

large.Yummy.jpglarge_SS.jpglarge.58f7cbb7d4360_SweetSkunk.jpglarge.Frosty.jpg

Some brown hairs on these already :)
2 weeks to go maybe :band:

Thanks for looking all :)

• Like 10

Smashing it pal, you have some monster colas in there.

Looks like it won't be long before you chop them mate.:yep:

• Like 7