Competition Seeds Germination Rates

Sweet Seeds-tommy

3 for 3 with Jack47

2 for 3 with Sweet Skunk, cotyledons didnt form up properly.

2 for 3 with Sweet Cheese, possibly due to being in the dry corner of the tent so cant hold that against you !

7 out of 9 for me but I believe one was my error.

• Like 4

Hey Guys,

Ive had -  

Dark Devil Auto - 2 perfect and healthy,

1 is a runt with unhappy leaves and new tiny ones come out the same so guessing a genetic issue.They're all in one big pot and the other 2 are great but will grow it out as far as it'll go and no doubt it'll probably end up being ridiculously flavoursome and strong!large_dv10.JPEG

Cream Mandarin XL Auto - 2  Popped and going good.

1 Dropped its shell leaving Cotyledons rolled and it just died off.

Killer Kush FV to go.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in another thread but thought it best in here really...

"Yep I can confirm I've had issues with all 3, despite them all germinating they just havent grown and I've gone digging for them. The first barely got out of its shell, the 2nd is 9 days old and not even 0.5cm above the ground and the 3rd appears stuck at the opening cotyledon stage again at ground level having been dug out. This is very unusual for me as I normally dont have issues but you can never be a 100% sure its not your fault. Checking with @r3d it is the same batch

I've never had issues with any Sweet Seeds beans in the past nor indeed and beans at all for at least a couple of years that I can recall"

Black Jack x1 germinated and grew no problem

Mohan Ram x1 germinated and grew no problem

Blow Mind x3 germinated and none grew above the soil, even changed my tried and tested method for the last one as a test...same thing just didnt grow :(

I have decided to pop a Cream Caramel I bought awhile ago instead as the Blow Minds havent worked :oldtoker:

• Like 3

I popped 3x blowmind autos and all 3 sprouted and broke the soil, however 2 of those refused to throw there shells, even despite some gentle encouragement. They eventually withered.

So 3/3 germinated but 1/3 survived.

Next I popped 3x SAD FV.

All 3 germinated, sprouted and are doing just fine.

So 3/3 germ. 3/3 survived seedling stage.

I'll get some pics up and a diary started ASAP.

Thanx again to the sweet seeds team for the chance to grow out these genetics (and gratis to boot!)

Very well played! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Fragg said:

I posted this in another thread but thought it best in here really...

"Yep I can confirm I've had issues with all 3, despite them all germinating they just havent grown and I've gone digging for them. The first barely got out of its shell, the 2nd is 9 days old and not even 0.5cm above the ground and the 3rd appears stuck at the opening cotyledon stage again at ground level having been dug out. This is very unusual for me as I normally dont have issues but you can never be a 100% sure its not your fault. Checking with @r3d it is the same batch

I've never had issues with any Sweet Seeds beans in the past nor indeed and beans at all for at least a couple of years that I can recall"

Black Jack x1 germinated and grew no problem

Mohan Ram x1 germinated and grew no problem

Blow Mind x3 germinated and none grew above the soil, even changed my tried and tested method for the last one as a test...same thing just didnt grow :(

I have decided to pop a Cream Caramel I bought awhile ago instead as the Blow Minds havent worked :oldtoker:

I'm hoping I don't have any problems with my Blow Minds as I have a whole pack sat here waiting for May. I have always had pretty much 100% germ rates with Sweet Seeds as far as I can remember, so I hope my Blow Mind's are okay. Perhaps this was a one-off. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, r3d said:

blow mind 0 out of 3

jack 47 3/3

crystal candy 3/3

blowmind had the loto 340 and date was 28 july

My pack of Blowmind's are also dated 28th July as well, but my Lote number is 351. I really hope they grow fine. I don't think anyone else has had problems with them though, have they?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

2 x Black Jack

1 x Creme Caramel

1 x Bloody Skunk

All autos, all popped :)

Better start the diary lol

Eta wet paper towel method on Monday night, this morning all 4 have nearly 1cm of root.

Edited by Jimmyarm
  • Like 2

4 seeds..

Green poison fv and killer Kush fv germinated in 24bours..

But my cream Carmel fv and cream mandrine fv only just cracked after 4 days.. now 5 days but aren't sending out a tap root.. they look old to be honest really dark. Bit upsetting when they cost 7-8 pound a seed. Was looking forward to them as well because they look like top notch plants! 

I didn't get these in the comp or am i in the comp just thought was a good thread to post in cheers

Edited by 80085
  • Like 2