Not so sweet beginnings

K-dawg

First and foremost thanks to sweet seeds for supplying these great seeds :chef:

I'm a tad late on starting my diary as life has got in the way.... anywho here it goes

​MY SETUP;

​1x200w blue cfl for early veg, have another 200w cfl to add in the coming weeks.

2x600w hps for flower

180x240x120 Loft Green cube tent

8inch extraction and 6inch intake

RAM air pro fan controller

1 oil filled radiator

20161116 112928 800x800[1]

20161116 112858 800x800[1]

​PLANTS;

​3x sweet cheese 3x crystal candy 3x cream caramel

​NUTES

​Plant magic ot grow and bloom.

Oldtimer magnesium if needed or cal mag

I started seeds of in jiffy pellets inside a small propagator and they broke the surface in3 days :) I'm currently 7 days in and things are ok but by no means great. Ive not had a chance to fully set everything up and get a hold on temps very well. Here is a pic of some cream caramel not looking to well

20161126 152421 800x800[1]

20161126 153343 800x800[1]

I started with the 200w cfl very close to seedlings , not sure if it may have been too much ...
I've transplanted them from the jiffys to 13cm pots with pm soil now but haven't watered them yet... what do you guys reckon is the issue here?

Also moved my light 30cm away from the little ones as they look a little discoloured ...

20161126 161232 800x800[1]

20161126 160845 800x800[1]

This will be my first proper grow diary, I will try keep it updated as much as possible.
If I have missed anything let me know guys
Cheers k-dawg
:oldtoker:
Edited by K-dawg
  • Like 11

Almost forget i have 2 other girls in there aswell, gifted to by a friend lol 1 ice grapefruit auto and 1 blue treacle

Edited by K-dawg
  • Like 2

I have cooked lots of seeds and find better success if they are kept in a enclosed and humid environment until they are a bit more mature. Keep them in a propagator until they have a decent set of leaves formed.

I am thinking that between the airflow and the decent powered light so close - The seedling is not able to transfer the water around itself just yet to perspire and so wilts n shrivels up.

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 4

good luck with your grow m8 , get your temps stable first & foremost .maybe wait until you see roots before you pot up next time .

looks very neat your Groom... you got OCD?

Edited by JTR
  • Like 3

Yeah mate I'm a tad ocd with a sprinkling of madness lol but slightly saner than yesterday . Aye my temps have been up and down a lot recently so no doubt that's causing issues. Seedlings are a fucking pain in the arse, one minute they are fine then boom 2 hours later they are fucked haha anywho I hope they perk up a bit before I go on holiday or I reckon they will be goners

Edited by K-dawg
  • Like 4

​DAY 9 :g:

​Quick update guys n gals.. gave the girls a watering on Saturday and done my best to keep the humidity up in my tent at around 60 and temps have been between 24 and 30. Turned my desk top fan off for 2 days to see if that helped any, and some seem to have perked up a fair but others are quite the opposite. I had the lights at 18/6 from day 1 but from reading some good diary's I have switched it to 20/4 to day.

This cream caramel seems to be doing good, with some new growth :rofl:

20161128 142023 800x800[1]

Here is another one of the cream caramel, the leaves went completely crisp after it had took a droop a few days back. So in my pissed off state of mind I pulled the dying leaves off.... :bangin:

20161128 142148 800x800[1]

One more pic, this is sweet cheese. Not looking great with no new growth in 3 days.

20161128 141644 800x800[1]

My setup isn't ideal at the moment, I haven't got my intake/outtake on yet as I've issues with the noise and my RAM air pro aint doing shit at the mo. Quick run down on outtake it goes < CF--1meter duct--90* duct bend--2m acoustic duct--2 meter normal duct--- 8" fan in cardboard box with ex foam-- 1m acoustic>

I have 6 inch for intake. When these are plugged into my RAM controller the outtake fan is almost sucking the sides off the tent, and the intake is hardly even working. I have messed about with the settings but it doesn't make much difference, its really doing my head in . :bangin:

I'm wondering if I could get away with these little ones in my tent with 2 air vents open and my desk top fan on for a few hours a day without any intake/outtake, for 2 weeks roughly? I'm off to the sunshine on Friday for a week then when I'm back ill need a few days to try sort It all out.

I need to come up with a plan to get this working efficiently and as quite as possible ... anywho guys I hope I haven't bored yous all to death :yawn:

• Like 4

cheers bud, i think some of them will be ok for now. Just hope they fare ok when im away, my mate will water them while im away as well.

Edited by K-dawg
  • Like 2

cheers bud, i think some of them will be ok for now. Just hope they fare ok when im away, my mate will water them while im away as well.

Let's hope he looks after them for you right so you can come back to a great site to see

• Like 2