Amsterdam

Cull

Having been in Amsterdam a little over a month ago, i found pineapple haze in Tweede Kamer was top of my strains  i had over there, and Tweede Kamer became my new favourite cafe replacing the Dampkring, Tweede Kamer is a smaller cafe than the dampkring  was not over impressed by the greenhouse coffee shop was not as top notch as my previous trips

De tweede kamer is lovely, very small.

The Dr grinspoon has an atmosphericly soaring high from there. Shonkiest looking whispy buds of power

10/10

• Like 1

just got back, everyone suggested boerejongens, that included people in other Eoropean countries plus locals in dam, for the best quality hash.  It was made clear that its not a place to chill, theres much better places for that. Got a bit lost trying to find it but asked a guy, a local but English guy living there, he had made the treck across town to purchase from there, so walked us the rest of the way.. its got to be some of the best hash ive ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading out there myself in December tips for nice coffee shops to pass an hour in 

was there this time last year but none spang out that trip 

I like the damkring for choice and “lost in Amsterdam” as somewhere to smoke, chill have a beer and eat some cake but they don’t sell ganja in there 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

+1 for Damkring - sampled some nice strains.  As a light-weight part timer; critical mass CBD was great for me staying slightly functional on tour.  1 guy that served me was a dick who took offence at me asking about 1 of the strains but the others were cool.

But it was constantly packed shoulder to shoulder for my time there, so I just went for supplies then left to find a tolerant bar with outdoor seating; then buy a coke with my smoke.

I just can't find de tweede kamer for the life of me when I'm there.. I know where it roughly is but it just eludes me every single time ... :wallbash:

On 08/01/2018 at 8:24 PM, Daze said:

I just can't find de tweede kamer for the life of me when I'm there.. I know where it roughly is but it just eludes me every single time ... :wallbash:

There is a good map on the Amsterdam coffeeshop directory of all the coffee shops. Have a look, I find it really interesting. 

Hello niall, I have used that Map for many years/trips but like I said I just can't find the fukka for the life of me.. Once i wander that way chonging in shops on the way etc.. Once I  walk out of the dampkring and look at map I get all confused so give up every time.. 

No worries, sure I'll find it one day.. lol

Old thread but I’ll spout some observations. 

I was there a couple of weeks ago, just before Xmas for a day - flew into Schipol in the morning and was back in my own bed by late evening. 

Every bit of weed I tried was ropey at best, C5 Pioneer from Tweede Kamer looked beaten up but tasted ok. Their cheese smelt great but burnt my lips & tongue. 

Vast majority of Coffeeshop herb is just chemical rubbish really. The hash was nice though. I think they expect most people to fill their joint with tobacco and not notice. I never smoke at home only vape, so I thought that could be it but I smoked one of my own joints when I got home (just to check) and it was smooth and tasty. 

Nothing got me stoned / high there except some of the hash, I know my tolerance is high ish I guess as I take oil caps, but my herb at home easily gets me where I want to be. 

Nice for a little trip, but if I were to have any advice it’d be to either stick to the hash or be disappointed :D

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Hot_Rock Did you find any good hash in the end?

I'm going over in mid July. Amsterdam might have overpriced weed, but it's still the best place to get good quality, genuine hash with know origins. The last few times I've gone to Crush that do a Moroccan Krystal Polm for E35/5 grams which is great value. Also had some good smooth Safi Moroccan from Kadinsky that I would buy again.

Tried some old school Red Leb (Bushdoctor) and Gold Seal Afghan (Free 1) - but I guess memories are sometimes best left at that - memories.

@johnnyneuro I had some nice charas from Tweed Kamer and Prix D’ami. That was about it to be honest. Everyone else I was with was sampling the bud but id take a Pepsi challenge with my stuff v  Amsterdam any day of the week. It all looked like it had been tumbled to me! Hardly any trichromes at all!!

The real highlight of the weekend was the truffles!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt realise I had all these replies sorry I'm 2 years late! 

After going I agree Amsterdam is an over priced tourist trap.

If you are going, from personal experience just get your smoke from boerejongens! They sell most of the same strains as other coffee shops but cheaper as it's a more of a take-away style you can't sit in and smoke.

If you're debating on going, just save your money and grow your own it's just as good. I'm in no rush to go back.