The Canna Coco Feed Chart ? High EC ?

Using canna right now exactly as recommended on there chart everything is going perfect.

Was running growers ark but I find it a little bit tricky to get it spot on, usually have calmg problems that start getting out of hand mid flower with certain strains.

In multi strain grows I find canna suits me better

Bear in mind canna nutes are designed to be used with water that is 0.4ec. Mine is 0 out of the tap so I and cal mg to get it in range first

• 2 weeks later...

I always been amazed at what people think is skyhigh EC.... I used to hit 2.2 EC for years without any trouble....though i find 1.6-1.8 is plenty.... I guess it's strain dependent as well right..

• Like 1

I always been amazed at what people think is skyhigh EC.... I used to hit 2.2 EC for years without any trouble....though i find 1.6-1.8 is plenty.... I guess it's strain dependent as well right..

more water dependant I think.

I've used it on at least 10 different strains and the highest I've been able to go is 1.4 with a pk

Withou a pk I go 1.2 max

Good nute to start learning with. Now after few years growing I prefer a separate grow and bloom nute but canna is perfect for a no nonsense simple grow

• Like 1

more water dependant I think.

I've used it on at least 10 different strains and the highest I've been able to go is 1.4 with a pk

Withou a pk I go 1.2 max

Good nute to start learning with. Now after few years growing I prefer a separate grow and bloom nute but canna is perfect for a no nonsense simple grow

I've just googled Growers Ark, never heard of them til now....I've always been a Canna man, like you say, nice and simple with great results.....

I thought Growers Ark was a term for the way nutes are fed thru the life cycle of the plant....growers arc is how i actually feed my plants.....as in i start low go high then go low into flush sort of way :)

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2016 at 5:51 PM, Guest said:

So the Canna Coco feed chart on their website recommends SKY HIGH E.C levels, right?

Like 1.1 starting ec or 1.5 in veg? Like my plants look a lil hungry but not that much hungry...

This chart is per litre

gallery_79793_13343_25186.png

I usully

Just now, Tim potter said:

I usully run in nft at 1.8 ec  normal some straines like Shiva skunk don't like more than 1.2

• 2 years later...
On 10/13/2016 at 10:09 AM, neural_rust said:

Canna nutes are "pure" shit these days.. Do yourself a favour, and buy some Hesi Coco bloom.. 3ml/ltr for veg, and 5ml/ltr for the blooming stage.. So much simpler, almost takes the fun out of growing.. IMO

Nothing else needed.. Unless U wanna.. Another option is GHE MaxiBloom powder.. 1-1.2EC the whole cycle..

hi hesi bloom and nothing else, i am trying to find a simple feed routine  any help will be welcome 

• Like 1

Guys you have to ask one critical question when reading these feed charts.  What size plant is this guide aimed at?

A huge tree under a 2K light is going to require more food than say each plant in a SOG setup where you might have 50 plants under a 600 - take that onboard and you take the first step to feeding your plants right :yep:

Ignore what the bottle says - it CAN'T be intended for YOUR plants, it's a general guide.  I started on canna, and followed the guide -  I burned the crap outta my plants for the first year until I read up some more on here. First change I did was to feed half the recommended amount - my next grow was immediately better, no more yellow tips.

Learn to see when your plants are hungry and then give them what they need, when they need it.  You don't get bigger plants by adding more food, it don't work that way.  Your plant needs to get bigger by having a healthy enviroment; it's food requirements will then increase, not the other way round.

A slight underfeed is sooo much better than a slight overfeed.  You can correct one missed feed with one correct feed.  Nute burn takes much longer to pull back from.

Hopefully this might help steer someone away from the path of being a salt farmer, took me over a year to see what I was doing :) 

• Like 6

On 7/23/2020 at 10:47 PM, billy wizz said:

hi hesi bloom and nothing else, i am trying to find a simple feed routine  any help will be welcome 

That's what I run if using bottled nutes, maybe a bit of PK, but that's not necessary IMO..  Been rocking dry nutrients for couple of years.. Maxibloom, 420hydrophonics, greenleaf Megacrop RAW etc, I tend to prefer those.. Way cheaper, and cleaner to use.. YMMV..

I have been looking  at powder  and granulated feeds they are way cheaper .also a bit cleaner to use i bet, 

• 9 months later...

My go to nute is Hydrocrop Hydrosol, a dry powder I buy on eBay. Never had a problem with it and I’m not using additives of any kind ...Saves me a fortune. Their feed chart has sections for light feeding, standard feeding and heavy feeding, so just choose which suites your plants best. I don’t know why all nute producers don’t do their charts that way.

Sal

• Like 1

It's definitely half dose for small  plants with canna . I want to try those top dress dry feeds with coco , takes away all the mixing and mess. Be good with LED's just add water . Simple.

@Hempire Road Just for info, the Hydrocrop product is not for top dressing. You dissolve the soluble A and B powders in water to make two concentrated solutions, which are then used like liquid nutes. Much better value than the premixed stuff.  Sal