Difficult Questions

The_Moog

Would it be better if we depressed animals first so they were suicidal; had made a conscious decision to die?

Don't know if it would effect the meat? lol

That's basically just torturing them to death lol

Maybe if you're a meat eater(i am) imagine it's human babies instead of chickens.

• Like 2

Even if it was a person?

That just makes it all the more disturbing imo. Yes even then.

You wont help anyone by playing a murders sick games imo, especially yourself.

• Like 2

@@Ogami-itto

Ok then, what if we said 'here's a chicken, eat this or we kill a person' ?

well, depends on how much of a veggie you are I guess? If its an absolute no-no then you still dont eat the chicken as it wouldn't be you killing the poor human being; it would still ultimately be the person [in this instance you!] doing the killing that is responsible.

....personally I think if you let a human die over a chicken you are stupid....but hey each to their own.

Peace

• Like 2

Hmm!! We have a Kirk vs Spok problem! :alien2:

Spok would slurp up the chicken and say something along the lines of, 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one', :v: while Kirk would cheat by pulling another Kobayashi Maru stunt attempting to deny the reality that each person's power to control a situation is limited :lookaround: - he'd probably swap the chicken for a chunk of quorn he keeps hidden in his armpit, in preparation for just this kind of event, while the chicken murderer was sharpening his knife menacingly!

I'd do a Spok with the acceptance that my principled choice, however well intentioned, is worth less than the negative ramifications it has for others...

:rofl:

Top stuff @@The_Moog

• Like 4

That just makes it all the more disturbing imo. Yes even then.

You wont help anyone by playing a murders sick games imo, especially yourself.

Do you think I shouldn't even be asking the question then?

Hmm!! We have a Kirk vs Spok problem! :alien2:

Spok would slurp up the chicken and say something along the lines of, 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one', :v: while Kirk would cheat by pulling another Kobayashi Maru stunt attempting to deny the reality that each person's power to control a situation is limited :lookaround: - he'd probably swap the chicken for a chunk of quorn he keeps hidden in his armpit, in preparation for just this kind of event, while the chicken murderer was sharpening his knife menacingly!

I'd do a Spok with the acceptance that my principled choice, however well intentioned, is worth less than the negative ramifications it has for others...

:rofl:

Top stuff @@The_Moog

I can't see it'd matter what they did, either spock or kirk would get out of it one way or another, they always do!

• Like 1

Questions I've been struggling with...

Why is there not mouse flavoured cat-food... or bird flavoured cat-food...?

And why do we call it Rush Hour if it's the slowest time of the day?

There are chicken, duck and turkey.

Edited by Mephitis
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Of old, I'd have let the thought of potential guilt eat at me (pardon the pun) and would eat the chicken :yes: but that was my conditioning and the more I've learned about myself after looking at many things right through to my earliest memories, the projection, the lies and the control thus exerted, the more I'm inclined to say no.

My reasons are the same as some here, for it is not my responsibility, nor my place to interefere with how or what the 'chicken killer' decides to do, that brings repercussions and like ripples in a pond that may or may not have even larger consequences.

Some say that even if it was a human, they would still be the same, this is where it get's difficult though as what if said human was the person you loved more than any other I think to myself...:g:

Hmm, my soul says I agree and is my first though, but my head then gets in the way and confuses things somewhat...unfortunately I'm not enlightened enough yet to say that I would categorically go with what I should do, that being of course, go with what my soul says for this is the true path :yep:

I care not for the flawed phillosophy of the utility because it will always make some unhappy, sacrifice is a personal thing and no man should impose it upon another, as this is not justice or balance.

Good topic @@The_Moog

Do you think I shouldn't even be asking the question then?

No, why would I think that.

I meant that to be placed in the situation was disturbing (hypothetical), not you asking the question. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...