Legalisation + Impairment Tests

panad

So I've been thinking... I know, dangerous stuff!

I read somewhere recently although I can't remember where, that 10ng/ml is considered a threshold at which one is 'impaired' although there weren't any studies to go with this so I took it with a pinch of salt.

I was wondering...

Have there been any studies that anyone knows of whose sole purpose was to test people with differing levels of THC in their system with some kind of impairment tests?

Such as walking along a line, reaction tests and so on.

It just seems absolutely ludicrous that one could smoke a J before bed and be tested positive in the morning commute to work when there is absolutely no impairment in that person even though they could easily fail a roadside drugs test (depending on the individual and how quickly their body rids itself of THC)

Anyway, would it not be an idea for someone with a lot of time on their hands, to conduct a study of this sort or do you think it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever?

Surely if government could see that their drug testing is a shambles when considering actual impairment then they would change something?

Maybe a solid study accompanied by a (don't roll your eyes) a BIG petition push over 100,000 so it may be debated in parliament alongside the study results.

God I'm rambling, hope that made some slight sense.

Thoughts?

Nice idea, but the media prefer to keep vilifying Cannabis and associating it with murder whenever possible.

• Like 5

Nice idea, but the media prefer to keep vilifying Cannabis and associating it with murder whenever possible.

The unfortunate truth!

I just wonder how much of an impact some quality studies could have along with a huge backing from the public... Who knows ey.

If Dr Nutt's research went unheeded, what hope has any other.

The only change will come with a change of regime; a change of government isn't even enough :(

• Like 2

The only change will come with a change of regime; a change of government isn't even enough :(

Was his research not based on the harmfulness of MJ as opposed to impairment?

Aye, it was; and it had a fabulous effect, didn't it?

Was his research not based on the harmfulness of MJ as opposed to impairment?

Harmlessness?

• Like 1

Why does Dr Nutt and his buddies not start a Political movement on the Subject = He / They are registered UK Medical Doctor and would be struck off? Does not want to bit the hand that feeds hem

Why does Dr Nutt and his buddies not start a Political movement on the Subject = He / They are registered UK Medical Doctor and would be struck off? Does not want to bit the hand that feeds hem

Probably when you've been fucked once you'd have a tendancy to be a little reticent ;)

Probably when you've been fucked once you'd have a tendancy to be a little reticent ;)

Fucked to death by May not really a nice thought

Tiredness, using phones, driving like a dick and not wanting to get your fucking massive shiny piece of 4x4 vanity wagon shite dirty of scratched are all far more dangerous to others than 2 or 10 mg/ml of thc imo. I don't drive impaired ever but as most others on here, we've been pushed into a corner and are being picked off one by one. A sorry state of affairs.

Edited by Clean Green

Tiredness, using phones, driving like a dick and not wanting to get your fucking massive shiny piece of 4x4 vanity wagon shite dirty of scratched are all far more dangerous to others than 2 or 10 mg/ml of thc imo. I don't drive impaired ever but as most others on here, we've been pushed into a corner and are being picked off one by one. A sorry state of affairs.

Spot on.