New drobe build

@@Joint hogger 15 mate, I left the original base as it was insulated the slab of celotex and looked like might impact the structural integrity drilling into the plinths underneath. So i drilled the intakes in the back.

Yeah I've tidied cables a bit lol , late night Friday . Not ocd tidy but good enough.

Managed to sort out remaining light leaks with bit of draught excluder.

I thought the door locks would be hardest, but got these childproof cupbord ocks which are magnetic. Fantastic , holds the door shut, and. CAn only open it with a magnet in the sweet spot :) ain't going stop someone yanking it, but defiantly stop nosey Parkers

When you put the magnet up to it the catch drops.

How it looks in the drobe

Edited by bobnudd

you probably did the right thing with leaving the drobe's floor & putting the celotex underneath :yep:

as for your magnetic locks, my wee boy has been ripping them off the doors when pulling kitchen handles since he was two lol

lol that'll be the Iron Bru! These are pretty solid, and I've added a couple of screws to hold the, in place. Not been able to open it with a good pull. Thing is there aren't any Handles on the drone anyway, so nothing to get a purchase on less you're yanking it. Might put something bit more permanent on the top, but for time being this seems good solution :)

it was only the one's with the sticky pad's he ripped off but trying to screw the catch's in tight kitchen units is a major PITA especially if trying to line thing's up :doh:

& he doesn't need any iron bru, he's like that duracell bunny, run's around mental for 12hours then just dies & sleeps for the other 12 hours to recharge, day in day out lol

there was another member who years ago was growing in a similar drobe & his locking system involved two bit's of 3x2 blocks with a hole drilled through the middle,

they were then screwed to the top of the doors on the inside & then lined up with two other holes he drilled on each side panel then used a mop pole to slide in onside to act as a large bolt lol

• Like 1