POKEMON GO!

bartman

@@Sancho Panza Half the volume of the glass is liquid, or whatever it's filled with? to get rid of any confusion? lol

But if the glass is smaller at the bottom and has a larger diameter at the top, like a lot of glasses and it is filled to half of the height, it's only half of the height, not half full or empty because the bottom half is a smaller volume......

saw a woman in her mid 20's running about trying to catch a pokomon yesterday, told her to come into the bushes & i'd show her my pokamom ;)

• Like 4

saw a woman in her mid 20's running about trying to catch a pokomon yesterday, told her to come into the bushes & i'd show her my pokamom ;)

Bet you only got a small Squirtle! lol

...yes Squirtle is a Pokemon ;)

• Like 3

I've got it and I'm enjoying it. I don't devote my day to it, I tend to go for evening walks anyway for fitness and destress so it all works for me.

My gf was a Pokemon nerd anyway, absolutely mad on every game, Zelda too, so there was no escape for me.

City centre was heaving with overweight nerds out walking, finally out and walking in the sun and fresh air...how is that a bad thing? How is it worse than fucking candy crush, conspiracy theory youtube videos, CoD etc? But with Pokemon Go you actually get up, go out and walk, so how is it "sad"?

• Like 4

I thought it was shite too, though I was never really into pokemon when I was a kid, I think its a nostalgia thing for a lot of people, like living their childhood fantasies of being a pokemon trainer or something.

I also dislike that they are collecting loads of data through it and your Google account. Uninstalled.

I thought it was shite too, though I was never really into pokemon when I was a kid, I think its a nostalgia thing for a lot of people, like living their childhood fantasies of being a pokemon trainer or something.

I also dislike that they are collecting loads of data through it and your Google account. Uninstalled.

What kind of data? You're walking in places you probably don't normally go, and you can switch augmented reality (the camera) off.

Its not collecting data in that way well it is but its more about control/how easyly influence we are they can get flocks of people where ever they want at a touch of a button :)

• Like 4

Ye don't you need to go some where to buy pokeballs ETC (or real money from wherever) so it is making you go to a place in the real world........and businesses can buy it so people go to their business, Advertising of the future is here lol

Its not collecting data in that way well it is but its more about control/how easyly influence we are they can get flocks of people where ever they want at a touch of a button :)

how long before its hacked and the likes of "ISIS" direct 1000's of hunters like demented lemmings to their doom or the ghost of Jimmy Saville luring kids to quiet places in search of the elusive pattern of pixels on their not so smart phone screen :wassnnme:

of course its also collecting massive amounts of data on peoples movements which the owners Niantic will store and hand over at the drop of a hat as per their privacy policy

sure there might be positives to the game but there are also a fair few obvious trade off's that most people won't give a second thought to, with the youngest generation being more acceptive of this kind of technology and the least likely to question the trade off

Xbox4 and PS7 will live and die over who offers the best gaming brain implant lol

Edited by Joolz
  • Like 3

how long before its hacked and the likes of "ISIS" direct 1000's of hunters like demented lemmings to their doom or the ghost of Jimmy Saville luring kids to quiet places in search of the elusive pattern of pixels on their not so smart phone screen :wassnnme:

...well that tickled me lol

Its pretty much like micro chiping people. A way of tracking the public, suppose its got both bad and good point about it. Sounds a fun game tho peeekachuuuuuu.