Vintage Beans

shaddycack.v1

Hi Everyone

I have been gifted an old pack of Dutch Passion Orange Bud.!

They are from 2004, and have been kept in the packet inside a book for the last 12yrs!!

Will these still pop?

I'm hoping so as I really fancy some vintage orange

Vintage Beans

Book and Beans

Cheers
Shaddy

I tried planting 12 yr old seeds and, I'm afraid, it was a total failure. Doesn't mean yours will be the same. Plant them and find out, just don't bank on them.

ive done beans up to 22 years old ..most wasnt viable but the more you have the more chance of having one germinate .

I'd think about maybe giving them a quick rub with some h2o2 to blast off any acquired pathogens the seed casings might have picked up along the way.

Go for it.

DO IT

Start a journal

Cheers

• Like 1

I'd think about maybe giving them a quick rub with some h2o2 to blast off any acquired pathogens the seed casings might have picked up along the way.

Go for it.

DO IT

Start a journal

Cheers

Yeah I'd do this too..

Also.. I saw someone popping seeds by hand recently. I don't know if this works but it stuck in my mind incase I get seeds which are old and not viable. If they don't pop then maybe this would be a good idea when there's nothing to lose. He was basically popping the shell between his fingernails and dropping them in water. I also saw someone completely remove the shell and end up with the embrio part which is inside the hard shell.

Like I said though.. I'd only try these as a last resort. I've never done it so it would be experimenting. Good luck.. I hope you get some come through.

• Like 1