LED vs 315 CMH / CDM vs Solis Tek MH UV

Neethos

Hello everyone,

I am just going through a revamp of my grow room.

It is a huge relief to hear that there is a solution to high heat and energy issues.

I was going to buy another one of these systems as it gave me really good quality yields of just under 1g/w...solis tek matrix 600w lcd ballast 3 x bulb system

it took me a while to be convinced that a purely Metal Halide system would flower well, but frankly it was better than HPS, so I am convinced about the technology. BUT my heat levels have gone through the roof this last month, so I wondered if anyone had any ideas/experiences with these new 315w ceramic systems....they seem to good to be true.

'Vote Love'

Edited by Joolz
remove links

Eyup mate, theres slowly starting to be quite a good collection of info on the 315w here on UK420.

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=366158&hl= - 315w CMH. They work fine and Dandy.

This is the main thread, from there you can check out Joint Hoggers, Skyriders, Myself, Is it tho?, Devcal, Micgrow and anyone else I might have missed grow diary threads of us using the CMH.

I think they're good lights, good for what they do - don't expect to get 600w yield off 315w though but you'll do more off 630w CMH than 600w HPS/MH.

Thats a good deal on the Omega dimmable :yep: .. Did you order the Solis ballast from these guys, they legit?

Edited by stickyblack

ive not noticed a increase in temps untill last night it was so stuffy and hot my temps shot up to 29 even with the 8inch extraction on and a 6inch feeding the air in .

its been very cool so far this year at night times .

i do think that in winter the 600w will come into its own .

315w for summer and the solis tek for winter .or both for winter .

Edited by catfish