My doubledrobe experiment.

Skeeta

And the airflow up into the girls wouldn't be so diffused. That works. Thanks mate.

Wish I'd joined this site before the build. I'd love to show it from scratch.

Yeh man, my cupboard/desk is on it's 3rd revision now. There's lots to learn and always something to improve on :)

Wish you all the best with your grow, look forward to your updates.

@@Skeeta

More efficient to suck than blow mate :yep:

e2a

I've just read that back and well, they say it's in the mind that reads or hears it lol

Edited by botanics
  • Like 2

theres always one who needs to lower the tone :nono:

lol

@@Skeeta

mate, i should have mentioned it with the other post, as for the drag effect with the filter, just remove the blocked in box in the veg cab, that should sort out any problems with air flow.

tho, tbh when i saw that you got your fan/filter off ebay for £35 i was a bit surprised, if its new it must be a really shit bit of kit & i dont say that to be snide,

or if its second hand, how much use has the filter had ? same with the ducting, if its been used i'd check it for holes/tears/rips to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

No mate, it's all brand new stuff. I did a bit of research before buying and it seemed ok.

Edited by Owderb
eBay removed

I should say though it's make is actually black orchid and the seller is spam. Not really sure where spam come into it heh.

Edited by Owderb

@@Skeeta, you could try some p or e profile rubber draught excluder for your doors, might give you a better seal. I found my drobe warped from the heat, creating little gaps in my seals.

Those hinges are a pain in the arse, I ended up running several layers of aluminium tape down the door gap, taking each hinge off, running the tape down and putting the hinge back on if you get me. Then I covered the whole hinge with tape. It's not perfect but it's better, although the tape has split in the odd place over a couple of months. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

@@Skeeta, you could try some p or e profile rubber draught excluder for your doors, might give you a better seal. I found my drobe warped from the heat, creating little gaps in my seals.

Those hinges are a pain in the arse, I ended up running several layers of aluminium tape down the door gap, taking each hinge off, running the tape down and putting the hinge back on if you get me. Then I covered the whole hinge with tape. It's not perfect but it's better, although the tape has split in the odd place over a couple of months. Hope that helps.

Aluminium tape sounds a good idea. Or maybe insulation tape. That would probably have more springiness to it under compression and deform to shape better.

@@Skeeta, those hinges have caused me so much grief.

That's my best solution so far, rubber e profile and tape, two lines of defence. I also found the tape helped my airflow issues, if your fan's sucking through other holes, like around the door seals, your proper passive intake won't quite be working as intended, as I found to my cost.

If I started again I'd go for an internal door, but those bastard hinges even impede putting a length of batten in as a frame without losing a load of grow space!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys. Update to this first grow in my doubledrobe.

The ladies are getting close to finish now so I thought I'd share my thoughts on the grow in general and my plans for the wardrobe.

It went well enough for a first grow but I did find one half of the wardrobe was too small really. Everything was very cramped and once the scrog net was in place it became difficult to get to the girl at the back. Training them to show as many buds the light was also an issue. There was simply no room to get the top buds out the way.

So, the doubledrobe is set to become a single again after this crop is done. The partition will be removed and I'll be going for my first flood and drain grow using the two green bins that currently reside in the unused side.

They will be quite tall for the available headroom in there so I'll need to keep the plants low to the surface of the media. With that in mind I'll be mainlining a single plant and maximizing the yield from that.

I'll also need to add a dehumidifier as I found it very difficult to keep the RH down below 70%

I have already removed the stupid cantilever hinges and replaced them with external standard hinges to help with light sealing and added a couple of old case fans to the intake grills.

I intend to do a log of that grow so keep an eye out for it in the relevant section.

• Like 3