Lollipoping autos

dubmaster

Just wondering if anyone here has tried lollipoping autos and how they got on? Auto mazar in particular as in a SOG type grow. I've had a little read around and most of what I could see was against it, saying it would reduce yield (but that obvious per plant), but most of what i could find was quite old information. Be interested to here from DutchPassionTony or anyone else with any info on DP auto SOG. Someone must have tried it! Would you get a nice central cola, what size pots, spacing etc

Cheers peeps

If you are in the UK and get caught with an auto SOG I'm not certain the authorities would take the cruddy yield into account.My guess is you'd be charged according to their ridiculous made up amounts for regs.

Another small problem I foresee is that because you are trying to max the plant numbers in a SOG the pots would need to be small and that would hit yield even further as autos like a bit of room for the taproot.

Sorry I've not grown any Dutch Passion autos but of the ones I have tried I think World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder lends itself to lolly popping the most.

I think perhaps SOG is best suited to cloned regs but others may enlighten me.

:smokin:

Gumbo.

• Like 1

I think what @@Gumbo says makes sense mate, I'm running auto now and I too wouldn't consider a SOG run either, lots of light and lots of air and they move fast, but not for long so need to get that right early on.

@@dubmaster

Rather than topping and lollypopping, try some serious bondage mate..............

Have a look at Blackpoolbouncers diaries on this, he has it down to a fine art, also GrowChum and I think lennon all practice this magic...

Always best to keep numbers low and this is probably the very best way of maximising yield, especially with autos.

I've done several different autos and I do prune them, but to a minimum just to allow for light to get to bud sites

stu :oldtoker:

• Like 1

we have seen people grow autos in every way possible - FIM, lollypop, 12/12 light cycles. You name, someone has tried it and made it work. However, lots of yield comes from the side branches, so whilst lollypopping would work, it might not be the best way to secure yield. But it would work.

And remember that AutoMazar is on half price at the moment. 6 seeds for £22 or 14 for £45 on our website ;-)

http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/cannabis-seeds/product/automazar/

• 2 weeks later...

ok thanks guys. i'd already picked up some of the auto mazar's on the offer, its what got me thinking! i've planted more than i'll need then if SOG is no good, but i'll thin out the weaker looking ones as they grow. how many would you recommend for 1.2m2 x 2m(h) tent, under 600w 400v parabolic? they are in 6.5l pots in coco. am thinking 9 would be good to fill the space

• Like 1

Guest b33lz33bub

@@dubmaster

Hi fella

I tried lots of ways of running autos. Topping works fairly well as long as you don't do it too early when the plants are still developing their roots. But there is a fair bit of size variation with autos so there is still the problem of getting an uneven canopy. I found the best way was to bend over the main stem as it grows, holding it down with wire or string, then pruning out any downward facing branches and branches that cross over and crowd each other.

Atb

@@dubmaster

No mate, I'm running auto's for the very first time, it's been a long time since I ran Mazar think it was about nine years ago now so what it's like now I couldn't say or the auto for that matter.

When I ran the photo version (regulars), she was total Indica in growth and structure, very dark leafed and aromas of deep pine/menthol, spicy taste and very 'peppery' on the exhale I found, one did self spunk but that was near the door to the groom and I identified a light leak so not down to the genes, she wasn't the most knock out, but I'd been hitting the Widow prior to her like it went out of fashion and my tolerance was through the roof (chain smoke ten on the head and still not put down like ;) )

She didn't take too long either mate and was done in nine weeks :yep:

Hope it all helps man.