Molasses?

Miles `n Smiles

hi all, just got a 5L jerry can of molasses, it`s for equine use, brand is gold label...anyone know if this is sulphered or un-sulphered?, can`t find owt online either...Ta in advance...MnS

• Like 1

i'd say don't trust what you don't know

anyway it aint expensive in health food shops etc and then you know its what it says on the tin, or jar as the case maybe

:v:

btw how is it for equine use? is it like high octane/super to them? lol

i'd say don't trust what you don't know

anyway it aint expensive in health food shops etc and then you know its what it says on the tin, or jar as the case maybe

:v:

btw how is it for equine use? is it like high octane/super to them? lol

think it`s used o make the feed more palatable..but also delivrs Carb`s...it is epensive when using it on an allotment though...which is why i opted fer the cheapest i could get

if its for horses i would say it is unsulphered bud, they are more sensitive than we are when it comes to feed, my missus used to have 2 horses and we were up there every day feeding them allsorsts of stuff, alf-alfa, oats, protien pellets, the fuckers were eating better than me and i was fighting lol

usually though equine stuff is more expensive than the equivelent item for humans not because its better just because people with horses like to spend lots of cash on shit you can buy cheaper lol, suffice to say my missus dont have horses any more :)

• Like 2

hi just jumping in on this how do you feed the molassess to the plant then , is it just diluted in warmish water to then add to the soil as a standard watering , and may I ask at what rate you add it to say 5ltr of water

cheers

• Like 2

i use meridian.. i put a quarter of a teaspoon in a cup, pour hot water on it (a quarter of a cup).. make sure its dissolved then add it to a 2L water bottle.. used it sucessfully with my first grow (chopped now)

Edited by Subliminal Criminal
  • Like 1

remember using molasses and not sure if this is possible but i have seen it(maybe was tripping)but black oil like substance drop or two when drying?

hi just jumping in on this how do you feed the molassess to the plant then , is it just diluted in warmish water to then add to the soil as a standard watering , and may I ask at what rate you add it to say 5ltr of water

cheers

i used to use it at 2 heaped tablespoons per 5 litres, worked a charm. recommended.

If you look and smell most bloom nutes or boosters, they smell of molasses.......just sayin .................dont believe the hype!!

• Like 4

• 3 years later...
17 minutes ago, twigs said:

has anybody else used horse molasses?

its ridiculously cheap compared to others..

As best I can tell twigs it's just thinned down black strap 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twigs said:

has anybody else used horse molasses?

its ridiculously cheap compared to others..

I bought this accidently thinking it was for plants lincoln horse molasses used it a couple of times but bio grow is full of it anyway so didn't really feel like I needed it.