any window deceiving methods?

Ameth

Hi. I am always thinking how to make a room so I could switch some lights or something, and it would look like the room is properly lit. Is anyone doing that? Can you share your experience?

Like a boxed up window with a light inside on a timer?

Is that what you mean? :huh:

eta: maybe something like this..

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 14

Lidl had a little device which lit up with colours and from outside the house it would give the illusion that the TV is switched on .

This feels like de ja vu . I thought someone asked a similar question already ! :upside:

• Like 2

someone round the corner from me has two boxed off windows upstairs with nets and curtains, when the sun catches the painted boxing it looks so fake, horizontal blinds would be better than curtains for the guy near me, or maybe deeper boxes

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey folks. I found a solution on another forum and use it myself.

I have vertical blinds in my grow room, so I went and got some kingspan, and some Veole netting ( or you can use a bamboo roller blind ), I stuck the Veole to the kingspan taped or tacked it up to my window, and closed the vertical blinds. Now because the veole is a silver with patterns on it, and the back of the kingspan is silver too, plus the vertical blinds ( which are white blackout ones ) I just clipped a few clothes pegs on the bottom of the Veole and the blinds to weigh them down a bit, open both windows, and cut a hole in the kingspan for my extraction, and a square for an air vent, can't see jack from outside ! Lightproof too, but I left a small gap along the bottom and I put my ballast and air pumps there, and they get a lovely breeze and stay cool.

:yep: ..can see sum loves gone into that mate ...I boxed mine out so the woods at least 6" from the glass ..triple layer of net on the wood ..lots of pleats in the net the hangs ,staple the sides to the frame so it don't shift ..jobs a goodun ..

someone round the corner from me has two boxed off windows upstairs with nets and curtains, when the sun catches the painted boxing it looks so fake, horizontal blinds would be better than curtains for the guy near me, or maybe deeper boxes

Ivd tried painting it and your right ..looks too stark at times ..lots of net and deeper boxes are wats needed.

:yep: ..can see sum loves gone into that mate ...I boxed mine out so the woods at least 6" from the glass ..triple layer of net on the wood ..lots of pleats in the net the hangs ,staple the sides to the frame so it don't shift ..jobs a goodun ..

The actual window sits about 5" behind the kingspan too, so there's a nice cavity between the blinds and the Veole, lots of air in and out. ;)

Can be a bit of a pain doin a window properly in a groom but for peace of mind worth spending a couple hours on it ..once a year I have to take it down to replace the net or I'd have a black ring at the top from the street dirt and pollution .

• Like 1

Nets up at the window, with horizontal blinds virtually behind, so you can turn them slightly to about a 45° angle.