Not sure if too late to scrog

Satchitananda

I have not planned this grow well, the plant was topped once at the 5th node but then I topped it again a week ago, it has been in a 6.5l pot for two weeks. I also pulled down the two main stems to train things a bit but I did that too late too.

Now, I am unsure whether to scrog or just go 12/12 now. If I scrogged I would probably pot up into an 11l pot now.

Basically, does this look like a good candidate to scrog? Should I have trained more if I was going to scrog it? How long would it take before I went 12/12 if I was to put a screen over it? :lookaround:

It's in a DR60. Should I just go 12/12 and support it with 4 canes?

gallery_80749_7075_71670.jpg

gallery_80749_7075_99035.jpg

gallery_80749_7075_302872.jpg

Edited by ananda
  • Like 1

Net on yesterday. A net will help you keep it down. An 11 litre will make it even bigger! Keep in 6 litre.

Edited by seedsandsticks
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. I have put a net over her and it looks like it will be hard to populate the middle of the net, this is kind of what I was meaning by "too late" to scrog. The training I did was too late and has resulted in two longish stems that I have pulled down bu with not much happening in the middle of the plant. If I was prepared to let those two stands stand up straighter then that might work but it will take ages and the net will be feet above the pot. I want to start training with the net quite aggressively now really and go 12/12 in about a week with another 2 weeks for stretching. I might just end up using the net as support this time and try for a proper scrog next time. I will post some pics later anyway. Cheers.

Ananda, I think that you'll be fine. The plant looks great and will go mad in those two weeks. There will be plenty to fill the scrog. You don't need to create a plant with 30 tops to make a good scrog. The plant will fill the net. Personally, I don't ever top plants. I take my single top conventional plants to scrog and as the tops are laid over the lower branches get a spurt.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I have put a net over her and it looks like it will be hard to populate the middle of the net, this is kind of what I was meaning by "too late" to scrog. The training I did was too late and has resulted in two longish stems that I have pulled down bu with not much happening in the middle of the plant. If I was prepared to let those two stands stand up straighter then that might work but it will take ages and the net will be feet above the pot. I want to start training with the net quite aggressively now really and go 12/12 in about a week with another 2 weeks for stretching. I might just end up using the net as support this time and try for a proper scrog next time. I will post some pics later anyway. Cheers.

I wouldn't worry, mate. I reckon even if you flick them 12/12 as soon as you put them into the net, the middle will still get populated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@JamieThePainter If I knew what I was doing I think that would be true. :) I have never really done a scrog before, I have made a couple of attempts but they didn't really work. One time I bottled out and just used the net as support and ended up with huge Nevilles Haze colas flopping around.

I started trying to scrog this one after I posted 2 weeks ago but I still didn't know what I was doing, then about a week ago I had to re-arrange things in the tent and had to move the net up, so I had to start again. When I started again last week I finally caught on to what I was supposed to be doing (I think) but it's a bit late and not great. :)

I think I have begun to learn though and might do a semi-decent one eventually.

@@JamieThePainter If I knew what I was doing I think that would be true. :) I have never really done a scrog before, I have made a couple of attempts but they didn't really work. One time I bottled out and just used the net as support and ended up with huge Nevilles Haze colas flopping around.

I started trying to scrog this one after I posted 2 weeks ago but I still didn't know what I was doing, then about a week ago I had to re-arrange things in the tent and had to move the net up, so I had to start again. When I started again last week I finally caught on to what I was supposed to be doing (I think) but it's a bit late and not great. :)

I think I have begun to learn though and might do a semi-decent one eventually.

It's easy mate. so long as you're training the plant outwards, new growth will come up to populate the middle. IME, the hardest part of the grow is the bean-thru-seedling stage. After that, it's near impossible to stop the fucker! lol

• Like 3

When you flip the light to12/12 the plant will still stretch so you keep on pushing arms under the net, the first pic looks a great plant for scrogging. The thing with a lot of techniques scrog,fim,supercropping etc is they sound a lot more complicated than they really are. If something comes through the net during veg or the couples weeks stretch of early flower , you just push it back under. Once its stopped stretching, cut the crap under the net and that is basically it. Good luck.

Edited by lennyboy
  • Like 2

Problem was that because I had to remove the net I couldn't put it back the way it was, so I sort of had to start again but it was a week into 12/12 at that time so I just made the best of it and what will be will be.

Also, the training I was doing even before I had to remove the net wasn't great either, I was tucking the leading growth under and into a new gap in the net but it wasn't populating the net behind it with new shoots properly because the branches were pulling down and away from the net. It was only when I tied some of the branches to the net that I could see what was supposed to be happening.

It's two weeks into 12/12 now and I stopped training a few days ago, I have quite a few bud sites but some are going to be good and some are likely to not be because they are not established, they are just one little flower that will probably be popcorn. But there are probably enough good sites to get an ok yield.

Never fear, mate, those wee "popcorn" numbers will turn into some tasty nugs for you. They're at the same level as the others and will be getting an equal amount of light, so the plant will send just as much juice to em.

I do love a good ScroG, pain in the arse come chopping time though! lol

• Like 1

Never fear, mate, those wee "popcorn" numbers will turn into some tasty nugs for you. They're at the same level as the others and will be getting an equal amount of light, so the plant will send just as much juice to em.

I do love a good ScroG, pain in the arse come chopping time though! lol

Thanks mate. I only have a DR60 so I think one plant scrog is the way to go for me. I am seeing this one as a learning experience. ;)

Here is how it looks now

gallery_80749_7075_34156.jpg

gallery_80749_7075_258833.jpg

• Like 4

There are a few overly tall ones that I intend to supercrop to bring down to the level of the others. (I might sound like I know what I am doing but I do not). :clown:

• Like 1