Led are they reliable?

Just a yes down the road and the grownorthern hs1 i first bought has developed a fault.. You can see how much i have used it in my diaries 3 flowering cycles only maximum... I have contacted them to see what they say and react to this issue. They have been very helpful in past by sending out upgraded lids with better venting, so i holding put hope they better at customer service that the Chinese companies..

Pics of the Hs1 not working fully

Grown northernHs1 fault

Grow northern Hs1  Faulty

Lets hope they sort it out quickly... :oldtoker:

im 3 and a half years in with my cheapos and no probs arthur ..

You must be lucky then Vince. My Hans panel the 150w worked for 1 week from new, then developed a fan issue, which was easy to fix by adding a resistor. Then when i cracked my beans the other week i got the 150w Hans Panel out the power driver was dead, To Han's credit i had a spare in 3 days.. Then moving along my Chinese Mars-Hydro has popped a fe blue led. They wanted $25 for 3 led, after some moaning from me they said ok $12 normal mail, so i am waiting for those to arrive as the mars is a spare.. So i thought i would check the Hans Panels new power supply this morning= Then i noticed the Grow northern Hs1 is playing up FFS. lol I hope grow northern customer service is good......

Edited by Arthur Mix

So far so good i have just had an email from Grow northern, he seems to reply on a sunday thats good imo. They will pay for shipping also which is good nice to know it seems to be a solid 3 years warranty with no catches.. So at least they better than dealing with China... :oldtoker:

Hmmmmm some bad luck there fella and all at once ... ! iv never done a led grow but just bought a mars 300 (as it was cheap) to try out in my little ikea veg cupboard. I was recommended a hans panel via another member but were a little pricey for me to try. When its working how do you find it arthur ?

Hmmmmm some bad luck there fella and all at once ... ! iv never done a led grow but just bought a mars 300 (as it was cheap) to try out in my little ikea veg cupboard. I was recommended a hans panel via another member but were a little pricey for me to try. When its working how do you find it arthur ?

The Mars- hydro is a spare or a mate uses it to veg up as shown in my diaries. I not use it for flower as i get better results with The Hans Panels and grow northerns flowering. I find the Hans does a very good job in veg and flower. The grow northern i like for flowering only...

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the unit back fully repaired, it would have been quicker but UPS are not god at delivering to me, If they were not involved it would have been 3>4 days there and back. The customer service from these guys is very good...

Been using the same LED's for a few years now, not constant use but have done four grows with them and no signs of failing yet (fingers crossed), but its surely just a matter of time :fear: