Extracting out of the loft

twoscoops

Hello,

I am wanting to know if anyone extracts out of the loft through the roof ?

I have insulation boards on my loft roof and about 70mm gap behind and then the black felt and roof tiles.

Was thinking of attaching a wall mount flange to the insulation boards and attach ducting to that ? But quite high up the roof.

Would this be a safe option?

Any help ,

Thanks

twoscoops

What size vent are you running, you can get them roof vents the I guess would be used as a boiler flue, could get two and have a y spliting it ? One on each side. I would have thought that the higher the better for smell and stuff, chimney would be perfect but it's not always an option. I think as long as it looks like it should have heat coming out of it it will be fine :)

• Like 2

I'm extracting in to loft but my plants are to young to smell, i have my ducting poking in behind the facia and sofit! it gets windy there.

• Like 2

I extract out of my loft groom through the eaves, I have my ducting run right up to it and then squeezed in a little to hold it in place, works great!

• Like 3

I have currently have 8" acoustic ducting from my fan. I am extracting out of my chimney but I do get some smells downstairs when it's nearly crop time. Was looking at venting out the roof instead to stop this minor headache.

Hmmmmm

twoscoops

Would ideal if you could take out through the roof! like oddnut said 'some sort of vent or flu which dose not look conspicuous.

Be interested to know how you get on mate. That acoustic ducting is a must! i have to get some.

Guest mrtibbs

I have currently have 8" acoustic ducting from my fan. I am extracting out of my chimney but I do get some smells downstairs when it's nearly crop time. Was looking at venting out the roof instead to stop this minor headache.

Hmmmmm

twoscoops

What, even with a carbon filter you get smells?

Yep got a large carbon filter 250mm x 1m mount air. Just get the odd little wiff when close to harvest time last 1-1.5 weeks say.

@@twoscoops you've either got a leak or your carbon filter is faulty and needs replacement, you shouldn't be able to smell anything, if you can others will also be able to I'd get it sorted as a priority

• Like 2

@@~Sanctuary~

@Al Swearengen

Thanks , got nothing in at moment so think I shall have look and strip everything down .

Had the filter bout two years now. Changing a few things I've got a new 10" hyper stealth fan and am on the market for a new grow tent. Liking the look of the homebox evo . But as you say it's defo looking like a new filter as a must.

Any recommendations for a carbon filter ?

Thanks for the help btw

twoscoops