led lighting to canopy distances.

Guest cowardlycustard

Guest cowardlycustard

hi, i have a small 60x60x140 black orchid that i'm lighting with a second or third gen two colour 120w led fixture. and i was wondering what would be the best distance to have the lights above the girls for best effect. i have plenty of experience with HID lamps but not with LED so any observations or comments would be helpful.

I was looking into led yesterday as I fancy experimenting at some point. From what I picked up it depends on so stuff. They have different degrees of light coverage. I saw a diagram showing that you have your lights closer for bloom. Not particularly useful info, lol sorry man. FWIW I was reading some good info on the spectrum king website. Sure you'll find it with Google. Don't know if it's cool to post a link so I'm playing it safe. Some good FAQ on there tho.

You say 2 colour led,would this be blue and red? Do you know what the led are driven at.?. If you have a pic the would help see what light it is.. If it an older one prob 12inch /18inch minimum.. I would not use spectrum kings advice as you light is totally different type.

Edited by Arthur Mix

Guest cowardlycustard

thanks, its donkeys years old. came with no papers or name or specs. its got a sticker that says 125w, 0.8amps. ive got it set at 12 inches now. tried to take a photo but the camera goes bananas. i think its a 660 red and 440 blue but its been so long since i had it i cant really remember accurately.

Guest cowardlycustard
the lamp itself is rectangular and white with three fans in the top

Edited by cowardlycustard

With my 50w LED cobs I would get the leaves burning when it got down to 5-6inches.

Go by the back of your hand, if it feels hot then it's too close