Best place to buy games consoles and games

ratdog

Now the battle of the x box and play station has been and calmed down, how does everyone rate them, and where should I be looking to buy a console and a bundle of games, I`m guessing there`s some good deals if you know where to look right?

thanks in advance :)

most games are downloaded nowa' days you can still buy disks but all they contain is a download code..

this site continually has the best prices, great deals on game codes and xbox live memberships-

https://www.g2a.com/

if you get an xbox and have a friend who has one you can game share i.e. only one fo you need to buy a digital game for both of you to be able to play it what it means is half priced games which is class as the can cost £45 + on release.. and according to xbox its totally legal..

edit on the consoles xbox or playsation after many updates there's not much to split them .. playstation graphics looks slightly better, xbox has a better functionality and can play old games off the old consoles... its swings and roundabouts..

Zavvi.com tend to have good bundle deals :yep: but its the ime of year where half an hour at the pc doing searches could easily save you £40 t0 £100 or some extra games... good luck raticus..

on a side note i wanna sell my xbox :( not because i think its poor but because ive lost interest in video games... the industry have really fucked it up imo with releasing incomplete games, day one dlc and season passes :(

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 2

@@Sancho Panza

Agree with you there Sancho, my interest too has waned this last couple of years, the golden age that was 10 years ago has diminished and it does seem as though the larger devs have become generic paper chasers just like every other media player.

Not quitting entirely though, is it an xbone mate or the old 360 you're wishing to flog?

@@ratdog

May be some second hand deals soon mate after the kids get bored of their xmas pressies etc ;)

I still have a 360 and i'm not replacing it until new consoles come out that can play in 4k or 2k, i have a PC playing 2k but i get my games from CD keys, pretty much as soon as they release, half price games, all legit, play online ETC but i think it's only for PC games but they do cheap xbox live or psn i think.

If i got Either Xbox or PS4 i think it would be PS4 just because of the higher resolution, i like my resolution xD and it looks like it's cheaper http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-advice/game/best-ps4-xbox-one-deals-uk-bundles-limited-edition-14-3620733/ Some xbox games could only play at 720p but can go to 900p, Some ps4 games could play at 900 but can go to 1080

As you are new to the site ratty with only 40k posts I'll move this to the correct place for you ;)

That`s very kind, and I like to provide a cheap laugh whenever I can :)

e2a,

on a side note i wanna sell my xbox :( not because i think its poor but because ive lost interest in video games... the industry have really fucked it up imo with releasing incomplete games, day one dlc and season passes :(

This bothers me, I liked the really old stuff, mid Nintendo, platform ect and all of that, it seemed more fun than some of the more recent stuff I`ve seen on mates new consoles

not sure I want to bother now, perhaps there`s a reason I haven`t bothered after all this time

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

@@ratdog if you like the old games get an xbox one mate they are backwards compatable with the old console ..

but yeah its left a well sour taste in my mouth the way things are going but you shouldn't let it bother you as it really only affect AAA titles atm.. dont let my issues with things put you off mate... :yinyang:

also there is a massive back catalogue of cheep titles for you to try.. it's possible you would never bump in to the issues i have mentioned, it only becomes more of a problem if you want to online play new releases..

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 1

@@ratdog

lol You change you're mind quicker than my missus! lol

Well it sounds like money has ruined every thing that used to be fun when I was a kid, not being a regular gamer I didn`t give it a thought that gaming would go the same way, pretty naive of my really. Oh well, I think I`ll save my money and get a bigger fish pond for the back garden instead lol

@@ratdog if you like the old games get an xbox one mate the are backwards compatable ..

but yeah its left a well sour taste in my mouth the way things are going but you shouldn't let it bother you as it really only affect AAA titles atm.. dont let my issues with things put you off mate... :yinyang:

also there is a massive back catalogue of cheep titles for you to try..

Sounds like the best bet, I expect it will be pretty cheap and if I don`t like it I ain`t lost much :)

Edited by ratdog

@@ratdog

Buy a gaming PC and a Wii U, the Wii U has got some great classic style games (Mario Kart 8 anyone?) and the PC has all the new indie games on Steam, good old games, indie bundle the list goes on really.

Most console games now are shitty rehashes of FPS/Racing games, even fighters have lost what made them special IMO.

Edited by Golden Syrup
  • Like 1

CEX is great for second hand games, consoles tend to be overpriced but you can pick up some bargain games.

You can also trade your old games for new games.

• Like 2

PS4's are a bag of shit, my eldest has got through 3 in less than two years, all with the same fault " Cannot read disc"

Sony would only send him a refurbished ( aka somebody elses broken one) one even though his original was less than 12 months old when it failed

Edited by Joolz