Solar Power

crowman

does a solar powered pump work under hps lights?

post-6741-1108728083.jpg

something like this could be well useful if it works under hps,,,,,

anyone tried it? or shall i get me coat? :yep:

cm

Edited by crowman

Seems like a genius idea to me.

I guess pumps dont use a huge amount of electricity but every little helps. I guess space could be a problem for anything using more electricity as solar panels could take up a lot of space but still, nice idea I think.

But someone might come along and tell me it aint possible! :yep:

Seems like a genius idea to me.

I guess pumps dont use a huge amount of electricity but every little helps. I guess space could be a problem for anything using more electricity as solar panels could take up a lot of space but still, nice idea I think.

But someone might come along and tell me it aint possible!  :yep:

310175[/snapback]

anyone? panels could on the walls of a drobe to power brushless fans.

Looks like noboy knows. Why dont you try one and find out.

just a thought, but i would imagine they do just on the understanding that a solar powered calulator does.

Would also be very useful for outdoor growers me thinks.

Any more finds with the pumps? ie any different models, ive looked into this before but to buy a solar panel to power a small pump it worked out pretty expensive to warrant doing.

Looks like noboy knows. Why dont you try one and find out.

just a thought, but i would imagine they do just on the understanding that a solar powered calulator does.

Would also be very useful for outdoor growers me thinks.

Any more finds with the pumps? ie any different models, ive looked into this before but to buy a solar panel to power a small pump it worked out pretty expensive to warrant doing.

310901[/snapback]

cheers for the response DC, i asked originally because i cant afford to go out and get one. i`m pretty sure you could run a fan from a small panel, self cooling bulb sounds quite good to me....i shall investigate.

nice one....i`ll get me coat. :unsure:

I dont see why a solar panel wouldn't work under hps, but its the exact opposite of mylar so it will be absorbing the light rather than reflecting it elsewhere in the room, so I cant see any advantages over just plugging a fan or whatever into the mains and having all your artificial light available to your plants. Outdoors however is another thing entirely........

• 2 months later...

Can I just add that solar pannels suck in light, so while you'll have covered your grow room in maylar or painted it white to reflect light back onto the plants the solar pannels are going to do the oposit and take light away, not by much tho I wouldn't have thought. And it would be a great idea for anyone wanting to do outdoor hydroponics.

It sounds like a cool idea, has anyone tried it yet?

Ben

cant se it that beneficial indoor. but out door grows yea. i just bourght one for my motor home to keep the batteries toped up and it does a brilliant job never any moore probs with flat batts this one cost £60.00 and is 5kw. and its about ,

18inches X 9inches T.F.K.