315w CMH. They work fine and dandy.

lazi

I am pinning this topic, its one of the best threads I have read in years!

I love the way members are embracing and developing growing methods to go with this new lighting technology ie to get the best results per light, everyone seems to be pitching no matter their skill level, its a true exchange of ideas and experiments.

I applaud you all, to me its what I envisaged this site would be about! Ot1.

• Like 40

Anyone else noticed leaves get BIG under these?

Cheese x (Cheese x Blues) - leaf - day 17

Thats a cheese blues hack in a 3.5 litre pot - cheese or blues leaves never get anywhere near this big normally for me.

• Like 3

Found this earlier on the Tube & its the first Double Ended 315w that i've seen & its by a company in the states called Growlite.

(Tho it should be noted, I haven't heard or found out who actually makes their lamps for them so don't know how reliable they are)

here's some Blurb about it.

315W DOUBLE ENDED
FULL SPECTRUM CERAMIC METAL HALIDE

Growlite 315W Double Ended Open Rated Full Spectrum Ceramic Metal Halide lamps are

designed to optimize the entire light spectrum for complete vegetative and flower production.

315W CMH DE • Initial Lumens: 28,500
• Rated Life: 20,000 hours
• Color Rendering Index (CRI): 95
• Burning Position: Horizontal
• Fixture Rating: Open/Closed
• Bulb Designation: T

here's the Pdf spec sheet link & you'll see better pics of the lamp :yes:

cmh_DE_-267x267.png

Growlite-CSI-CMH-315WDE-spectrum.png

& wait there's more :yes:

the same company is also doing a 315w lamp with a E40 fitment instead of Philips PGZ18 two prongs fitment.

315W SINGLE ENDED MOGUL BASE
FULL SPECTRUM CERAMIC METAL HALIDE

Growlite 315W Mogul Base Open Rated Full Spectrum Ceramic Metal Halide lamps are designed

to optimize the entire light spectrum for complete vegetative and flower production.

315W CMH MOGUL

• Initial Lumens: 32,000
• Rated Life: 20,000 hours
• Color Rendering Index (CRI): 95
• Burning Position: Universal
• Fixture Rating: Open/Closed
• Bulb Designation: ED37
• ANSI Designation: C182/0
here's the Pdf link to it
cmh_se-267x267.png
Growlite-CSI-CMH-315WMOGUL-spectrum.png
  • Like 3

@@Joint hogger wow what a development this is! That second bulb with the E40 looks very interesting it's round! Very interesting.

Of course the DE setup is the most exciting but combined we are starting to see diversification in the market which means more competition which means lower prices!

That DE setup could be insane!

Man...

cheers @@catfish I've seen it & every time I see that geezer sends a shiver down my spine,

theres just something creepy about wearing the one black glove & having the urge ti rip that bull ring out lol

• Like 4

Hi everyone, i've been reading this thread with interest but maybe not the 100 pages so have a few questions if anyone can advise as i'm interested in buying one of these cmh setups.

I currently use a digital switchable Lumatek super lumen 400w with 80cm parabolic in my 3ft x 3ft 7ft growroom and always had great results, normally T5's to start them off, then 250w dual spec say up to 2 weeks then 400w Metal halide rest of veg and finally switching to 400w sodium Son-T for flowering. The room is fully Orca growfilm lined which should improve light spectrum further they say.

My questions are >

1 - I'm interested in buying the Maxibright 315w single kit with maxibright reflector a daylight lamp and also the agro for around £315. Is this a recommended setup?

2 - I've read about MK1 and MK2 with the maxibright cmh, how do i know which one i'm getting and i take it the MK2 is better?

3 - Do they realistically run cooler than my 400w hps?

4 - Will i be able to get the lamp closer to the canopy with the maxibright relector than my parabolic and still get good light coverage?

5 - What is the Elite version i've seen with the maxibright kit?

6 - Is it recommended to run the daylight lamp for say the first 2 weeks of veg then Agro lamp for rest of veg and flowering?

7 - Is it really beneficial to switch back to the daylight lamp for last week of flowering to increase resin and flavour?

8 - Has anyone actually done a full grow with this setup and got better results than with a 400w hps? Of course this would need to be a clone only grow as a real test.

9 - Are the daylight or agro lamps good to take pictures when turned on or do you still get that orangey light in the pics?

10 - Any better than the 315w maxibright cmh's out there? Don't really want to spend more than £350 for a full set up though.

11 - Do the cmh lamps keep the plants stocky like the Metal Halide lamps do?

12 - I can get the maxibright setup with just the Agro lamp for £225, would this be a better choice for me as i currently use the T5's to veg and have done so for up to three weeks with fantastic growth rates or is the daylight lamp really worth having?

13 - How often do the lamps need replacing?

Sorry about all the questions and if they've been asked before. Any advice here would be great. :yep:

Edited by Amnesia

@@Joint hogger

I actually messaged growlite on facebook about those lamps a few months ago, specifically the DE lamp. It actually offers LESS umols per watt than the phillips SE lamp does. Can't say for certain about their e40 fixture but I would assume it runs less, also. It's great to see other companies coming out with lamps though, I still have the solistek 315w lamp they gave me to try out at some point!

• Like 2

My questions are >

1 - I'm interested in buying the Maxibright 315w single kit with maxibright reflector a daylight lamp and also the agro for around £315. Is this a recommended setup?

thats not a bad price but G&H do it for basically the same money if you include P&P

2 - I've read about MK1 and MK2 with the maxibright cmh, how do i know which one i'm getting and i take it the MK2 is better?

the mk1 had a philips ballast inside where as the mk2 uses different gear, the mk1 is also in a bigger unclosure.

3 - Do they realistically run cooler than my 400w hps?

yes they do, probably between 3-4c cooler.

4 - Will i be able to get the lamp closer to the canopy with the maxibright relector than my parabolic and still get good light coverage?

no, you'll need to keep it a bit further away as the maxibright holds the lamp horizontally.

i'm not 100% sure but it might be that the lamps in the elite offer are Green power Elites & the other offer only includeds the mastercolour lamps, maybe you should PM G&H & ask.

6 - Is it recommended to run the daylight lamp for say the first 2 weeks of veg then Agro lamp for rest of veg and flowering?

i'd be more inclined to run the veg lamp (942) all through veg until two weeks into flowering as the Agro really has a lot of far red spectrum in it.

7 - Is it really beneficial to switch back to the daylight lamp for last week of flowering to increase resin and flavour?

dont think anybody really knows yet, the folk that are using them are still getting used to the new improved lighting spectrum

but from what i've seen most folk stick to the 930 lamp or the Agro for the full flowering phase.

8 - Has anyone actually done a full grow with this setup and got better results than with a 400w hps? Of course this would need to be a clone only grow as a real test.

i'm only into my second grow with them but @@SkyRider & @@Golden Syrup have been using CMH longer but what I can tell you is that we're all convinced that CMH is better than HPS :yes:

9 - Are the daylight or agro lamps good to take pictures when turned on or do you still get that orangey light in the pics?

the colours are quite different, look for yourself below (942 on the left, 930 mastercolour in the middle & Agro to the right)

8th May Day 0 Of 12 12 (3)

-

19th May (1)

-

315w Agro In action

10 - Any better than the 315w maxibright cmh's out there? Don't really want to spend more than £350 for a full set up though.

imo, the maxibrights a good price for what you get but if you wanted something more top end then that'll be the Dimlux, fancy miro reflector & an

adjustable CMH digi ballast, tho it costs closer to £475 with one lamp but if thats too dear, you could do what I did, got a mk2 maxibright ballast

& two Dimlux reflectors on their own, the downside is that it cost me £150 x2 for the ballast, £82 for the reflector & £165 for both

the 942 & Agro lamp, plus two E40 - PGZ18 lamp holders for £15 each so overall each kit cost me £247 before buying the lamps or including P&P

I think its more strain specific tbh but you could always do a full grow just using the 942 veg lamp & find out yourself ;)

12 - I can get the maxibright setup with just the Agro lamp for £225, would this be a better choice for me as i currently use the T5's to veg and have done so for up to three weeks with fantastic growth rates or is the daylight lamp really worth having?

you could get away with using just the Agro for vegging & flowering but due to the far red light spectrum, i'm still more inclined to use the 942 lamp as that does have a good bit of blue spectrum in it.

lolare you ready for this ? the Philips mastercolour & Green power Elites (Agro) last from 20000 to 24000 hours before theres a dip in light output :shock:

which is when you work out the hours, a 315w lamp will last anywhere from 1111 to 1333 days of 18/6 use lol

& when using for flowering, it can last anywhere from 1666 to 2000 days lol

• Like 5

i'm only into my second grow with them but @@SkyRider & @@Golden Syrup have been using CMH longer but what I can tell you is that we're all convinced that CMH is better than HPS :yes:

No clone only comparison but what I can say is that I have no intent of using any other lighting technology in the near future. CMH has a quality to it that HPS can't match and I'm pretty sure it can compete on yield too. I'm expecting to be able to get over 1gpw with it in a properly tuned environment.... just a shame mine is a long way off that yet lol

• Like 5

Thanks for the feedback Joint hogger, just read your diary mate and was enjoyable too, nice pics and good detail and learnt me a thing or two about cmh. I think i will be going with the maxibright kit with daylight and agro lamps. :yep:

Was thinking ordering from Gr**ns as its £315 and free postage. Always used them and never had any problems, is g&h trusted and good to use? its g&h that has "elite" in their version which confuses me a little, is it slightly different lamps?

I also take it the maxibright reflector will take up less space than my parabolic?

All the best.

• Like 3

Hi everyone, i've been reading this thread with interest but maybe not the 100 pages so have a few questions if anyone can advise as i'm interested in buying one of these cmh setups.

I currently use a digital switchable Lumatek super lumen 400w with 80cm parabolic in my 3ft x 3ft 7ft growroom and always had great results, normally T5's to start them off, then 250w dual spec say up to 2 weeks then 400w Metal halide rest of veg and finally switching to 400w sodium Son-T for flowering. The room is fully Orca growfilm lined which should improve light spectrum further they say.

My questions are >

A bit more than I paid, keep looking around if your current setup is performing well for you.

I have the Mk 1s, afaik, they're both good.

Probably not as there will be a minimum height to cover your space, should still outyield a 400w hps though.

aka 'shop light', the Agro was developed for market gardens. All the Philips cmh bulbs produce well.

imo, we're talking small beer here, use any of the available bulbs all grow and the results will be good.

My pics were good. The Agro gives a faint pink cast to the concrete floor.

I built my scrog trolleys based on my experience with hps. I veg for 7 weeks counting from when the seeds get wet. Had to veg them 10 weeks because they were so stocky under 942 lamps. Am doing free range from now on.

Nobody knows for sure yet but it looks like 2 years or more.

Sorry about all the questions and if they've been asked before. Any advice here would be great. :yep:

• Like 2