Eat what you catch

noddy

a scally is what he had to say

If you consider the word 'scally' to be foul language :lookaround: It's probably best you don't read any other threads on here as we may corrupt your fragile little mind lol

• Like 2

I eat river caught brown trout whenever it comes to me; an older man from down the road is a keen angler in season on the river at the bottom of the hill and if I meet him he gives me something tasty for the pot; he's responsible regarding size and season.

Tbh I walk the riverbank a few times every week; it's the most beautiful spot, and I always thought there was nothing wrong with the odd fish finding its way to my belly; can see the problem with nets, and can really understand how foreign trawlers are decimating the sea.

But is it wrong to responsibly fish (responsible regarding size and season, nothing that's not for you or yours) local water to feed yourself? If it is, I'll have a rethink, but at the moment I feel it's something my ancestors have probably done for hundreds of years?

• Like 2

Its not illegal to take fish for the table there are guidelines though but cunts who use nets , kill commercial carp and take more than they need for profit r utter cunts. The way I see it is catch it, treat it well and return it so future generations can catch the same fish. There really is no need to take fish from our rivers unless ur starving. Noddy no offence but if I'm on the bank dont ffs show me what uve killed else u will be going for a swim

Eta the guidelines are there to protect fish stocks not to make u go hungry oh and noddy growing cannabis has no effect on anyone else so u cant compare it to breaking the law by depleting fish stocks n ruining fishing for future generations

Edited by hashmaster3000
  • Like 1

But is it wrong to responsibly fish (responsible regarding size and season, nothing that's not for you or yours) local water to feed yourself? If it is, I'll have a rethink, but at the moment I feel it's something my ancestors have probably done for hundreds of years?

But all folk wouldn't fish responsibly and who would replace the stocks

The reason you can't just go and do it now is because either the land leading to the fishing is privately owned or the fishing rights themselves are held by fishing clubs.

Its the fishing clubs who usually stock lakes canals and rivers along with the EA who are partly financed by anglers licence fees

Owd

• Like 3

hi mudman

takes for getting back to what I asked , I have never tried perch as never caught anything big enough to be worth a cook , I do remember as a kid we use to catch some whoppers back then in the 70's .

@ embryo I do not understand that , if you think I am selfish why so ?

I wasn't aware till today when i checked there was a limit to what you could take for course fishing.Due to being a club angler its strictly catch and return no buts...Ive no

problem with responsible catch and keep on a fishery where they're stocked and farmed etc.I suppose if pushed on the subject wild caught Trout etc if limits are adhered to

but there lies the problem as owd mentions.

I used to fish a cockle bed quite close to the shore 30 years ago and regularly catch large Plaice,each year same mark.It was prolific.Now nothing the fish are gone.

Conservation for the next generation needs to happen and education on limits etc.

I wasn't aware till today when i checked there was a limit to what you could take for course fishing.Due to being a club angler its strictly catch and return no buts...Ive no

problem with responsible catch and keep on a fishery where they're stocked and farmed etc.I suppose if pushed on the subject wild caught Trout etc if limits are adhered to

but there lies the problem as owd mentions.

I used to fish a cockle bed quite close to the shore 30 years ago and regularly catch large Plaice,each year same mark.It was prolific.Now nothing the fish are gone.

Conservation for the next generation needs to happen and education on limits etc.

It wasn't that long ago I found out myself, iirc it's only smaller fish u can take, I might be wrong. I was looking into the rules regarding live baiting when I found out else I would still think taking anything was illegal

Eta, if anyone's interested u can use live bait aslong as u take it from the river u intend to use it

Edited by hashmaster3000

Can you explain how please? :)

You take the back....one piece

you take both sides all at once

you take the last two tale pieces,

You cut the two half's, in half and

you have five boneless fillets.

and a fish? if it was alive still after defleshing, could swim away with no belly but everything is still attached!!

All guts intact! :)

but we dispose of them before hand ,,no worries eh

This guys a hack at it but ....the it's the same deal

Mind the language :)

correction...he left the belly like I do as well... :)

Edited by gb1

i know a little about this, our (british) rivers, canals, lakes, ponds that are covered by a EA licence, have never been stocked/restocked and stocked again and again for the purpose of food, ok the ea run a few reservoirs that are game fished for the table, but there far and few between, in general, the EA only stock after a large fish kill, at someone else's expense, so its no that often, if to many people come along eating them, there just wont be any, at all, then, before someone starts murrring about fish breeding and restocking by themsel, wakey fecking wakey people, lol our water table carries such a high level of human/animal hormones (along with almost every other nasty ever chucked at a field, or, pumped into a river) that male fish are turning female and female fish are being rendered barren, its not localised either, its everywhere, at this point in time, imo theres nothing good about eating course fish! :nono:

dj...

Edited by *DJ*
  • Like 5

enough female birth control in our waters to sterilize every fish there be lol

We have 22 different species in Lake Ontario..

....none that you can eat more than 4 oz's of in a 6 month period!

..and no pregnant women or kids under 14 should eat it at all!!

those are government regulations..fff's

I wouldnt touch the shit..!!!

Edited by gb1
  • Like 1

enough female birth control in our waters to sterilize every fish there be lol

We have 22 different species in Lake Ontario..

....none that you can eat more than 4 oz's of in a 6 month period!

..and no pregnant women or kids under 14 should eat it at all!!

those are government regulations..fff's

I wouldnt touch the shit..!!!

@@gb1 seriously? I never knew that, fucking crazy.

• Like 1

i don't know why theres no warnings here, i don't get peoples attitude, no one would walk up to (any river) dip in a b&q bucket, go home and let their family drink it, why on earth would anyone think the fish that live in that very same water were clean and safe to eat?

dj..

• Like 1