my 250w closet

bazzbush

hey guys so i wanna share what will be my next growing place, now living with the misses she gave me the green light to build any type of growing area within reason its stealth so if anyone comes over they won't know just from looking at it what it is :). so i have gone for a 250w closet set up with 2 smaller intake holes at the bottom and a bigger extraction hole at the top

This is the bare 6 foot cloest

before i begin

this is checking make sure the light fits

testing make sure my light fits

this is adding the white sheeting, it was used in my old grow area so instead of buying new i thought i would just reuse

black and white sheeting added

• Like 2

How have you attached the white sheeting to the walls? Personally I prefer to use paint but you would have to sand the surface a bit or it'll just flake off.

And as above, how are you light-proofing the doors?

I always like to see a DIY build, if you have a passive intake then it needs to be 5x the size of your extraction fan

I have found that gluing on the reflective sheet with spray glue works best,Tape always gets less sticky and the reflective material falls off.As for light proofing fit a piece of baton down the inside back of one door so the other one buts up to it....

the intakes are 2" and the extraction fan is 4" ill take pics tommrow:), as for the white plastic i used a staple gun :D the doors are lightproof it has a massive thick sheet of plastic coming down but ill take pics tommrow. when its dark you can't see any light with the 250w hps on

Edited by bazzbush

• 3 weeks later...

You'll have fun with it mate I loved my 250w wardrobe temps can easily hit 30c if the enviro isnt tuned properly so just keep an eye out ;)

What size pots/ medium you gonna be using?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

just waiting for a carbon filter, inline filter to turn up just not sure if to go for eaither 4" filter or the 6" i know they say bigger is better but i only plan on doing 2 plants at a time. got some nice blue mystic seeds they are more indica than sativa

• 6 months later...

A 6 inch extractor would cool that space best if noise (stealth) is a issue. You would just dial the fan down to around 20 or 30 percent with a variac. Buy as big as you can afford;)

• 1 month later...

I would go for a 5 inch fan and filter and get a Wac 1 controller to turn the fan down to make it quieter. A 6 inch fan in that space would be serious over kill imo . I would also turn your light around so the light spreads across the width of your space rather than the depth.

You could really do with making your passive intake,s bigger as well , good luck with the grow :yep::spliff:

Just noticed how old this is :doh::rofl:

Edited by bill cooper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...