Elixir steroids : Evoponic

Geordie102

Ok guys and gals, iv been hearing about this elixir steroids stuff all over the place, 3 different grow shops are telling me there selling out every week and that people are hitting numbers that thy never hit before, (could be just a load of shite of course)

So has anyone on here used it? And if so was it any good?

Any info would be much appreciated

Edited by Geordie102

I've been hearing stories about local growers getting steroid mixtures from a London growshop for the last few years. They've been getting massive yields apparently or so I'm told. It may be more available now.

Doesn't sound like a great idea.

Just watch out if using this. If you forget to water your plant, it might punch you in the face and set fire to your tent. They get moody.

• Like 5

id rather have a organic or natural grow than all this steroid shit, less yield but more quality smoke. But i cant really comment cause i never used any

It uses brassinosteroids for which there is some scientific basis that it should help plants deal with stress/bad environment and potentially improve yields but I wouldn't want it on my plants as it doesn't look like very much is known about it especially from a safety perspective on edible crops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassinosteroid

Also this is blatantly going to lead to acocalyptic Daily Mail articles and headlines about steroid-skunks turning kids into demented killers! :wallbash:

• 6 years later...

Interesting, an old thread, but being new I'll try and add some science to the discussion:

Plant steroids were first discovered 40 years ago, the best known and researched being 2,4, epibrassinolide.

These are trigger compounds and as such are effective at very small application rates, they are extracted from plant materials (2 4 Epi was found in mustard pollen), and as such are very expensive as synthesis (artificial production) has yet to be successfully achieved to the best of my knowledge. They can produce remarkable effects at these very low doses.

Plant steroids have the same function in plants as steroids do in your body; they direct materials required for repair to sites of damage.

The original Elixir formulation was first sold 12+ years ago as "Rescue Remedy" to help damaged plants recover, at which it was very successful.

It was growers who originally experimented combining it with nutrition on healthy plants and were able to both see and measure improvements.

Further testing gave birth to Elixir Steroids, which actually contains sterones, as opposed to steroids, but they turn into steroids when they reach sites of growth in the plant, attracting improved nutrient uptake and translocation, creating stronger more vigorous plants under the correct nutrient regime. 

A natural (I believe organic if Evoponic bothered applying for it) biostimulant product totally unique to Evoponic and 100% safe.

Along with the sterones, the formulation contains:

Algal extracts to supply oligosaccharides and alginic acid

Plant-sourced L-Amino acids and peptides for growth

Betaines to counter stress

A Glucoside (sugar) surfactant to improve interface with root hairs

Nutrient uptake is improved

Nutrient translocation is improved

Stress is reduced

Damaging reactive Oxygen species and free-radicals are mopped up.

Growth speeds up

Plant health improves.

If not being used to aid recovery from damage/stress then Elixir Steroids is only to be used in conjunction with a quality feeding regime, with adequate nutrient availability, otherwise the full benefits will not be realised.

• Like 1