Led question

Scottishgrower

Whatever setup you go with you'll need to tweak it all to dial the grow in. Regardless of light, Power, fans etc. Do what's within your budget and pop some beans.

@@Scottishgrower yes two led units would be fine in that space, look for units that actually pull 300w each from the wall. I'm guessing the 300w units you looked at may well of only been pulling about 190w each. If you do a little scrog setup them lights will reward your fine. As said by others a 400w HID would work fine also but that's not what you where asking.

i am an led grower and i need to use a hps in winter alongside to keep the temps high enough :D

Edited by Silvestris

I use LEDs and they been working fine, abit more expensive but make sure you get a reputable one or two, and your better off to go to a diy shop and buy some cable rather than use extension leads, and if you do use extensions MAKE SURE you completely un ravel them,Iv seen a few catch fire in my time from being left on the reel,

Forgot to add, I use 4 high power LEDs plugged into a maxi switch.The unit works by diverting the live load around the segmental timer to a contactor/relay, the timer simply switches the contactor/relay to complete/break the circuit. This 4-way unit is rated to 13A, it will switch up to 4 X 600W grow lights (600W grow lights draw 3A each in use). ,quite in expensive for the pice of mind,,,

Edited by Mr.c

regarding a maxi 4 way, really you should only use 3 x 600w coil ballasts on these,( 4 digi's are ok) they ignite at around 6 amps so you are in fact putting 24 amps through on start up.

they last for a good while using 4 x 600w but i have seen an awful lot of burnt out plugs on units like this. 4 x 400w is fine.

If using a couple of large led units you should check the amp spike on start up as it is quite high, I found that out whilst installing led panels in offices, it was so high I had to change the breakers from b to c rated

Edited by c20spit

Manufacturer defo says up to 4x 600 watt on the one I have, up to I think 3 amps each with total 12 . My lights say there 720w each when in fact that's just a equals to is what they mean, think they draw from 300-320w actual power at @1.2 amp each so well below the caperbility of the unit ,( I hope ) cheers for the headr up ,,,always good to treble check,,

Thanks everyone for the help I've decided to go with a 400w hps digital ballast and reflector. I also got a 5" carbon filter with a 5" fan.

Hopefully have it set up on Monday when the wife and kids go away for a few days.

As you can imagine with the questions already I think I'll start a diary as I don't think this is going to be plain sailing.

Thanks

Edited by Scottishgrower

You won't be sorry with that lamp mate as you'll get some tidy nuggets of sticky icky lovelyness, wise decision :yep:

If you don't mind could I list my setup to see if it's ok and if I've missed anything.

Would it be ok to start a diary or will people get fed up with my questions?

Of course you can start a diary mate lol If I were you though I'd open up a new thread for that in the diaries section, more folks will pop in and have a look then, just list your gear in the beginning then or save that and list it on your profile, get in there :yep:

• Like 1