6in Rhino extraction upgrade

Subliminal Criminal

Ok so i opened all my boxes today,

I got rhino thermostatic fan and carbon filter, only to find to my dismay that they wouldnt fit together, fan straight on filter, but as it happens i managed to atttach the filter inside my tent, then the acoustic ducting to the fan outside on the floor.

This setup will be better once i have firmly attached the fan to the wall. I didnt take any pics of the outside of the tent this time.

The fan is quite powerful and is of course noisier than my old 4in, that 4in inline fan is now my intake.

I have also fitted a Omega MH bulb to my old reflector, and ditched the cheap dual spectrum bulb that came with the kit.

I have set my timer to 20/4. So at 11pm i can get some peace.

Still got to dial in the thermostat, but there seems little correlation between my digital thermometer and the fans probe.

Should get used to it soon.

Next upgrade will be a Omega Dimmable ballast, and parabolic reflector. And that will be all for a while.

Thanks

Mr Fruit

gallery_94326_11522_53709.jpg

Edited by juicyfruit

if you want to connect the filter direct to the fan, you can do it by bending the filter ducting in slightly with a bash of a hammer, the end cap is made of alaminum & is easy to bend.

have you thought about moving the fan outside onto the top of the tent ?

thats what i used to do with a 6" ruck & a 6" x 600mm cf, hooked up with some plain ducting, the fan sat just & sat on the duct hole.

e2a - the tent i used was a 1x1x1.8 budbox & if your using something similar or slighly smaller (DR90) you'll be ok :yep:

also, just in case you dont have one, you really should get a decent fan controller to control that badboy & quieten it down a bit,

my old clip on fans in the tent were louder than the fan :yes:

Edited by Joint hogger

the fan has a speed controller on it already, and i cant mount the fan on the roof of the tent as theres only a bit of space between the tent and the ceiling

• 2 months later...

They're not meant to fit directly together, they're both 'female'. If you want to join them you're menat to use a fast clamp or a short length (like 6") of ducting. And tape. Always tape.

• Like 4

They're not meant to fit directly together, they're both 'female'. If you want to join them you're menat to use a fast clamp or a short length (like 6") of ducting. And tape. Always tape.

that explains why my ducting is a bitch to attach to my carbon filter hahaha oh well lol i forced it on jobs a gooden lol