Outdoor photoperiod selection at lat 51 Uk

geo1

Well after the auto selection getting munched by rabbits, my trusty old spot offers a bit more hope with some good old photo's. Its a dug bed and contains compost, clay topsoil, rockdust, worm casts, organic pellets, and biochar, (seaweed, fungi )etc

Sprouted around 1st June, 8 plants left to right - Trance, Frisian Duck, Forest dream and Durban, photos from 2 weeks ago

gallery_9085_10358_241765.jpggallery_9085_10358_135912.jpg

Forest Dream looking strong and vigorous mid picture, 1 runt durban and one beauty as usual on the left. I will have a more recent update this week, i reckon their prob at 6ft by now and will do some tying.

Looking good fella. Just curious , why so close together ? Do they not perform better with more space?

• Like 1

cheers, yes mate they do of course but the space isnt big enough. I have trimmed the lower branches off and will prob trim more off plus tie them down a bit next visit ready for flower. I have grown big uns here just 2 or 3, my best yield was the first grow i ever did here started late and had 7 plants crammed in so i thought i would try my luck again

Edited by geo1
  • Like 1

also i have staggered the plants so the smallest ones are facing direct at mid day sun, the sativas are at the back so they dont shade the small ones

Hang on in there mate i have some in lat 50 but only outside the back door

Since saturday its been non stop drizzle ...lets hope summer is coming late ?

Love

Arthur

well the rain came last week so im sure their looking nice and perky, hope september is the usual sunfest, only month we can really rely on tbh

• Like 1

well the rain came last week so im sure their looking nice and perky, hope september is the usual sunfest, only month we can really rely on tbh

Boy oh boy in lat 50 last week it didnt stop raining lol

Love

Arthur

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, i have an update, I hadnt been to the spot in a while due to many commitments this summer. One of the forest dreams was a male and had already done a good job of pollinating everything, the big early durban got the most of it and is practically just seed pods, which may be a happy accident as both it and the male forest dream starting flowering before everything else and at pretty much the same time. I do have a smaller durban and the other big forest dream which should be done towards the end of october, they are looking solid with only a couple of seed pods, looks like i got there just in time. The frisian duck i have left may have taken alot of pollen and didnt really have any proper buds, the other one i discarded as it was smaller and also wasnt flowering, would have become a mold magnet for the others. What i can say about the frisian duck is that it is very discrete, i gave a couple of seeds to my mums friend who always does a few in his garden and he said his are chunky and choca with bud and are nearly ready so i dont know what happened with my 2, will give it another go next year. Have to have a moan about the trance, only about 10 days into flower.

I went to the spot a couple of days ago but forgot my camera, photos from 2 weeks ago taken with male removed. gallery_9085_10358_127587.jpg

gallery_9085_10358_285392.jpg

forest dream now about 3-4 weeks into flower

gallery_9085_10358_122957.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Dutch Passion stuff is looking pretty good now after the nice weather we have had for the past 3 weeks (except mon last week). Im going to give them another couple of weeks and come back for the trance early november. The heavily seeded durban got knocked up by the forest dream male, even though the plant is seeded the buds are practically bending over, it was the earliest in the plot along with the male so looks like it could be a happy accident. The forest dream female is looking amazing, smelling sweet with big white resin glands only a tiny spot of mold, hopefully it will hold out. The smaller durban is much less seeded and smells super sweet. So came away feeling chuffed, amazing how visiting a plot on a calm autumn day can make you feel great. Got a little indoor on the go and it feels like a chore, love growing outside, far more interesting

gallery_9085_11802_90988.jpg

seeded durban

gallery_9085_11802_143617.jpg

forest dream

gallery_9085_11802_59809.jpg

lightly seeded durban

gallery_9085_11802_101852.jpg
  • Like 2