1000w Lumatek digital ballast - fire hazard?

highgrade-singh

that's most likely the positive pin, over time it breaks down and starts to arc.  had the same issue in my hot tub pulling 1.8kw, plug was melted after 5 years of use.

plug, wire and extension lead maintenance is a must

On 20/11/2023 at 10:20 PM, sweettooth said:

that's most likely the positive pin, over time it breaks down and starts to arc.  had the same issue in my hot tub pulling 1.8kw, plug was melted after 5 years of use.

plug, wire and extension lead maintenance is a must

@sweettooth  you ever changed it on Lumi?

I didn't plug in in properly, so while checking connections last time I actually did more damage then good.Pin didn't sit in properly, I saw before I removed IEC connection that it's plugged in a bit on side , how I missed that I duno :doh:

@scraglor scrag you still around?

Edited by Herbal Kint

Hate to say it (I know we're all pretty skint), but if that's not a perfect excuse for updating to LED, I'm a chicken dinner. 

• Like 1

Yeah mate I'd definitely convert but it's 2000 for 2 x 600w , I need to eat so I can smoke lol   I use 3 x 600w but was considering to get 2 X 600w leds as I already got 480w and that would be mint.

Anyhow I decided to bin ballast and get a new one,I'll use 480w led as replacement but I kept my mum and cuts under it so ill have to rotate.

Worst shit is now I have to open other 2 ballasts see if they are OK,think am gona cry if I see anything else melted this week,my water heater leaked last week also melted :headpain: