Vegdrobe Project

Mental Chops

If it still needs help staying shut maybe you could find some of those magnetic lock sorta things. Doubt they'd cost that much.. nice drobe though man.. done a good job on that. That lock/stealth thing was the only issue I could mention tbh man. Ain't so important if it's in a room nobody goes in really man. Good job there bro. Wish I had them skills lol I have a veg cab here.. still haven't touched it after a month of thinking about it lol

:)

• Like 1

Cracking drobe that!?

Well built. I'm thinking of doing a small veg space so may well steal all your ideas haha. :yep: if thats ok? lol

Keep it green pal

:v: dweeeb

Cracking drobe that!?

Well built. I'm thinking of doing a small veg space so may well steal all your ideas haha. :yep: if thats ok? lol

Keep it green pal

:v: dweeeb

Of course it is, please do! I got some of the ideas from other peoples diaries and then you tweak it to fit your situation.

Crack on and hope it goes well.

@@Blayz'd, sometimes I can't be bothered to do anything, ever, but their is something about providing for myself which stimulates me to try these projects. I seriously love growing weed! You can do it, just put aside a day to get started and before you know it, you will have something growing in it!!

Cheers, Mental.

• Like 1

same sentiment MC. I really enjoy it and will probably start growing other plants, veg and stuff... so its true cannabis is a gateway drug!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eh up @@Mental Chops, inspired by this drobe I went and built one myself, not a wardrobe like yours but total build, it started out as my veg cab mark 1 which was ok but I had issues so upgraded it (will put some pics up below of the first completed build and then with additions), cheers for the inspiration dude :yep:

These first pics are of the completed 'box' utilising a my hastily constructed DIY panel light with CFLs as the lid for temp purposes, It was constructed by building the two end panels first using some timber and old laminate flooring, these were then lined with bubble insulation (inspired from your build ;) ) glued using PVA, after this the end panels were put together with the front and back boards at right angles to create the box and the insulation lining completed.

med_gallery_13604_11040_162189.jpg

med_gallery_13604_11040_312496.jpg

And a pic of inside with my recent Dinafem seedlings

med_gallery_13604_11040_432944.jpg

It served a purpose mate but was a pain in the arse due to the light being at a fixed distance and thus staging had to be used for the girls, gradually lowering them from the light, however the girls were getting a bit cold with this set up (not sealed from the top etc), so I revised the project and got doing some 'alterations' lol

Next pics are of the cab mark 2, lots of structural work was done for the new reflector I put together and to house the fan and filter above etc. plus it needed to be a lot taller so the height was extended too.

med_gallery_13604_11040_572845.jpg

Lights on

med_gallery_13604_11040_223818.jpg

It's not as stealthy as a wardrobe but will serve my needs, and the door I cut out after construction, put some batten all round for door stop, it is held tight and closed via magnets. The light fitting itself utilises 8 angled batten holders, wired using 1.5 mm t&e, up to the switch then flex to plug, fused at 3A, all 8 lamps are now running giving me a combined total of 200w CFL., Intake is passive via the left and flows underneath the slatted plant floor which then rises through the girls and out and away.

All in all the box cost me £10 to build which was the cost of the bubble insulation I got from Aldi (not including the CFLs, batten lamp holders and fan and filter of course) all other bits I had laying about.

Cheers mate once again for the inspiration :yinyang:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 4

@@botanics, wow, excellent work! Am flattered that my build inspired some of yours, and yours has now given me a few more ideas.

I think the upgrade was worth while and am sure necessary. Love the magnets, @@Blayz'd mentioned that too, so may upgrade to them as I have taken the bolts off.

I also like the intake flowing under the plants, I had considered this approach but the diameter of my intake was larger than the raised floor of the wardrobe.

I am sat here with my cloud evo after work, my first vape is creeping up on me and am getting lots more ideas. I won't be working much in November, as its a quiet month for my self employment so I may pimp my drobe a little.

Also loving the Marshall cab, not sure on that model as am a drummer, but my mate had a JCM 900 back in the 90's which looked similar.

Does yours go up to 11? ;)

Cheers, Mental.

• Like 1

@@Mental Chops

Get building dude :guitar: That's the great thing about this community here mate I'm finding, all this knowledge sharing and solutions to things that you just can't see yourself sometimes, invaluable Info. With the magnets and door, to be honest I could have done with it being a bit thicker material used as after I cut the hole out it is ever so slightly warped,t the magnets do work, but must be lined up accurately, it's not 100% lightproof at the mo as can see some light though here and there, but this was intended only for veg, however, I'm going to sort the leaks out with some draught excluder and get a SOG done in here at some point, although I'm thinking now of flowering the Dinafems in there now too as temps are nice and steady, only got a 400 bulb though and working out on the calculator, that would mean 80W per square foot (could dial it down to 250 though until I get a 250 bulb I suppose, what do you reckon mate ?

Oh and the Amp, well all Marshalls go to eleven lol Those JCMs you speak off, well respected :yep: all valve they are and sweet as. The one I got mate is what I call my 'beast' it's an AVT 150w head on a 4x12 MG cab, 4 channels, effects etc and valve preamp and it goes quite loud :rofl: Didn't know you bashed the skins man, must be something about musicians, poets, writers and ganja. :rockon: