Auto's at Latitude 51 uk

geo1

South facing spot surrounded by nettles, Clay soil, ph 6.5, nice and fertile. Left to right Staryder, ABK, Frisian dew and the 2 small additions are staryder and Frisian. The 2 in the bags are ABK, verve with a little homemade compost

gallery_9085_10358_25659.jpg

• Like 6

good luck Geo. I hope June proves to be better than May, if it does you should be in luck

• Like 1

cheers Tony, i started the photoperiods late but now the weather is better and the days longer they should really hammer it. Getting them in the ground next week

@@geo1 Hey mate, nice liccle grow you have there. I'm also @lat51 and growing some dp strains. Frisian dew, auto frisian, & durban poison. My auto's have started flowering, they are rapido!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

heatwaves and sunshine forecast - you could be forgiven for thinking its summer :-) I hope the ladies approve

• Like 1

i have bad news for this years batch of auto's, deer/rabbits have munched the lot :shock: well i learnt the hard way at this new site/area not using cages. Ive moved basically, my old area has the odd deer and only a few rabbits, and year after year ive got away with it, not here basically. Its a good find tho and next year i have high hopes.

On the plus side i did keep the best auto for my garden, its an autofrisian and is smelling super strong. Even at 2 weeks old this plant was kicking up a stink, skunky but with an extra smell which i am not familiar with but very funky thats why i wanted to keep it even over the starryders . I kinda figured it would be a green one but there is a hint of purple. gallery_9085_10358_321220.jpg im

Ive got 8 photoperiods also at my old trusty spot nice and established, 4 dutch passion strains. Update coming soon

Edited by geo1
  • Like 1

sorry to hear the autos were munched geo, but the AutoFrisian is looking OK, hope she delivers something for you

• Like 1

@@DutchPassionTony Hey dude, I've chopped down two of my auto frisians. Got a purple and a green. The yield isnt teh best but I dont think teh growing conditions were quite the best anyway. Its hard to be unhappy with any bud taken home from outdoors to be honest. Seriously I love the Frisian high, a deep thinking strain and a great indi/sati mix. It really does tick the boxes. The green is stronger than the purple. The purple has the strangest smell, like burnt sugar and flowers, it smokes sweet though. Thanks dude :)

20150708 171448 resized

20150708 171434 resized

Purple frisian

@@geo1 I hope you dont mind the hijack bro I'm @51 too ;)

• Like 1

hey gravy, well done. Pulling outdoor buds this early in the summer after so little decent weather is a result, even more so when you are satisfied with the quality.

@@DutchPassionTony Thanks Mate. Yeah weird spring, we've had nearly every season rolled into one. Low temps, high temps, dry periods, flash flooding, hail even! Still they produced some flowers which are now seeing the inside of my grinder. Magic :)

• 3 months later...

Autofrisian dew finished at the end of july in stormy weather, good mold resistance for an auto. Yield was poor at around 7 grams but could easily double that in a decent season. The autos suffered this year, may and june were cold, they cant embrace it like photo plants, stunts them. The smell was very similar to psychosis, i used to get a strain called purple,it was a cheese cross which my mums mate used to get years ago, anyway i gave him a seed to try and he said the same, smells like the one he used to get which i now think was the original psychosis. Anyway very skunky with a peppery background. Taste was very smooth and the smoke was thick. The high is balanced, it dosnt blow your head off but you know its there. I would give this auto 7/10 overall. Cheers ;)

gallery_9085_11802_103106.jpg

gallery_9085_11802_174077.jpg

• Like 1