white widow

Hax

Hi I was just wondering whats the best nutrients to give my plants,its my first time to try this and the guy in amsterdam told me that white widow was a good starter plant.Whats your easiest plant to get started.Thanks

Many people will say that growing in soil is an easy way to get started, and if you use a big enough container then you won't need to worry too much about nutrients for a few weeks. Probably we hear of more new growers starting with a feminized auto, you can grow them under the same light system (either 20 hours or 24 hours of daily light) for around 11 weeks until they are ready to harvest. StarRyder is an auto with a reputation for being easy to grow, but in reality they are all pretty straightforward.

If you are looking at growing a photoperiod plant then White Widow is a pretty good choice - we do the seeds in reg or feminized (or indeed automatic if you want to go that way). Please check out our blog section, we have loads of customer reviews there which may be useful http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/blog/

Orite bud, as already mentioned fundamentally plants are all as easy to grow as others but some are more finicky than others with regards to feed etc... but the most important thing about your grow is your environment, you could buy a light and grow a plant in a room and get poor results

Plants need light food and fresh c02 enriched air pumping in and stale air being pulled out, air movement in the groom and a good wet/dry cycle with feeding/watering

With feeding less is always more and if doing autos less is definitely more water/feed when the oot feels light and soil starts feels dry an inch or 2 down and build water, food amount up to a third capacity of pot I.e 2.25 litres to a 6.5 l pot

Temps need to be between 26-29 C lights on and no lower than 17 lights off

A carbon filter is a must with regards security as 1 plant in flower will stink your gaff out and you will get a knock at the door or worse tax merchants ao,carbon filter attatched to a inline fan with ducting pulling air out depending on size of space so anything up to 1mx1m x6-ft a 4inch fan and filter kit will suffice and then it goes up to big ones 10 inch + you can use passive intakes on smaller spaces as the air will be forced in by the negative pressure caused by your fan but bigger grooms require active intakes which again an inline fan smaller than your out take fan is used to pump fresh clean air into the groom

Hope all this waffle helps if you need me to elaborate more just ask but IMO Dutch passion are great I am running the ultimate and its a great strain to grow easy loves food and water and yields v.well and not a bad smoke, their white widdow is great as well v.good smoke and well above ave yields

ATB GREEN

If you plan on using compost, do NOT put them straight into big pots. They will need regular potting-on. Start with very small pots, then proceed through stages to something like a 6 Litre pot or square.

Do you really like smoking White Widow? Personally, I hated it so much I binned it! But I'm like that so don't get put off.

I myself would not say it was a particularly good starter plant; Skunk#1 used to be, but I don't trust it any more.

My tip for a starter plant, and which wont bust the bank or prove tricky to grow ~ UGORG Blues, or their Killer Skunk. Regular seeds only, as UGORG (and me) don't like the trend to Auto's. Autos teach you very little, far better to start with a regular plant IMHO. But if you go with KS or Blues, they grow themselves and are superb strains to cut your teeth on, they will teach you muchly.

Good luck! I hope you post a grow diary, as they are so useful for everyone.

And don't be afeared of asking for help. That's what this place is for, to help you grow the best weed you can.

Edited by Arnold Layne
  • Like 4

Funny you say that Arnold, thinking of running some killer skunk in th very near :)

As ugorg look like some top genes

I've run DP White Widow a few times in the past mate (last time in 09) at that time the phenos were stable, uniform and a doddle to grow (germmed in 3" then 1 litres to 6.5 litres finals, westlands mp, rock dust, endo/ecto miccorhizal fungi, vegged under t8 tubes, mixed cool and warm then under 600w SON-T in a BAL digital). Good smoke, yield - 2L pop bottle kolas etc, averaged around 2 ounce per plant, responded well to training and without, stretched x2 to x2.5 in flower, 9 to 10 weeks finish.

• Like 1