Observations & Questions after a Sweet Seeds Auto.

GeneralDark

Hey i just finished a multistrain Auto grow consisting of Cream Madarine , Sweet Cheese, Big Devil no 2 and some free green poison, cream caramel and Dark devil.

The Big Devil No2 was the best i think its fantastic bud, its got that 'smell appeal' as in soon as you open the bag or in my case you could smell it through the bag its smells really nice and strong in fact when i went fishing with 7 grams everytime i pulled the bag out to skin up people could smell it and thought it was cheese, same with a burning spliff it smelt really nice with a real thick skunky aroma, thats the bud i like its got a nice strong hit, smells really nice and tastes nice also.

Then 2nd best was the Cream Mandarine, that had a lovely scent of orangy,mandarine,tangerine tasted really nice but was lighter than the big devil, it felt more sativa like and what id call a 'session bud' i.e its not gonna put you to sleep after 2 spliffs and a few beers :) its nice to smoke on a sunny afternoon.

A quick word about the Cream Caramel it got mixed up when labeling with the cream mandarine but i think i worked out which one it was but id have to grow it again tbh.

The Sweet Cheese came out looking great with the biggest and best looking buds but out of the 5 only one really smelt strongly which was a slight disappointment i was hoping for a better quality smoke

The Dark Devil came out looking beautiful with a smaller yield and quality not being as good as the Mandarine and Big Devil.

And the green poison came out stunted as did one of the cream mandarine or caramel.

Some of the stunting was my own fault as in i dint repot some of them in time as i ran out of soil and by the time id arranged delivery of more soil a week or 10 days had passed so that didnt help but i know now to get enough soil at the start.

I really liked the Big Devil no2 , the cream mandarine was nice as well but the Big Devil was the one for me and ive been smoking 25 years and know my bud and that was nice bud, so i wanted to ask what other Sweet Seeds Autos are like that? dense, stinky, smelly, skunky , Goodness and have that same strong hit like the big devil rather than the cream mandarine if you know what i mean.

What other Auto strains grow big like Big Devil no2 as im gonna run x5 Big devil and x5 of something else.

Also Whats the Ice Cool Auto like?

All in all i was pleased with the grow as i discovered Big Devil, enjoyed the subtle notes of Mandarine, basked in the beauty that was Dark Devil and made some of the best Shatter ive ever made :)

I got 10 oz off a 600watt (11 if you count the scrag and popcorn that got used for shatter and jelly)In a 1metre tent off 12 plants could have got more due to repotting but i was happy and i know for next time.

Sweet Seeds Autos gets my thumbs up they would be so ideal for someone starting off i like the fact i could get 10 oz of decent bud in 10 weeks that appeals to me as i dont really have mothers or a separate vegging area atm and vegging from seed can take a while. id like to get 2 smaller tents and have a harvest every 5 weeks :)

Edit: Oh yeah the amount of crystals on the Cream Mandarin and Big Devil was stupid so much crystal on top of crystals just coated, great for hash/oil/shatter making.

Edited by GeneralDark
  • Like 8

i love the s.a.d...toking it now ..somany of sweet seeds strains are worthy of trying for the excessive taste and smells ..beautiful stuff .

• Like 4

Good read :yep: what light schedule you had them on? I might be forced into going auto (for another thread) but I got to be looking at 12 - 13 oz per grow if that's possible with 1 600w. 10 oz is good but will it last :unsure:lol ?

Edited by Chester Copperpot
  • Like 4

I have just started some Mohan Ram auto (White Widow x Sweet Afghani Delicious), has raving reports so got to try ! :)

• Like 6

imo mohan rams the strongest sweet seeds auto if you like a knockout hit ;). nft, 9 plants ,1.2 tent, 600w . 14+ all day long.

interesting read generaldark :yep:

• Like 4

Good read :yep: what light schedule you had them on? I might be forced into going auto (for another thread) but I got to be looking at 12 - 13 oz per grow if that's possible with 1 600w. 10 oz is good but will it last :unsure:lol ?

i did 20/4 going to 18/6 towards the end.

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies think ill run x5 Sad along side Big Devil No2.

When the grow was ready i didnt have a camera as mine broke, so i went out and bought a cheap 6MP from cash converters but didnt have the right SD card for storage so i could only take 5 or so pics and now i gotta work out how to move them from camera to SD card as i have a reader on my PC ill try it now.

• Like 2

@@Chester Copperpot i would do 9x plants in a 1.2x1.2 each in a builders bucket (15ltrs full but in reality 12-13ltrs) filled with jacks magic and levingtons mixed 50/50 with no training would piss 1.5oz/plant (so 13.5 total) but fair bit moor with training

peace out farmer boy

• Like 3

@@GeneralDark lovely photos there mate, worth a go I reckon. Might be worth doing these over winter keep the temps nice.

@@farmer boy they seem like big pots for 9 plants even still half full :unsure: Liking the coco at the moment would use that instead, maybe in 10 litre pots?

• Like 2

they seam to do very well in them except im now using 15ltr sand bags instead (as a cheep air pot type of thing) and by god dont they seam to love it! had roots coming out the sides and "air pruning" from day 19. my plants have never looked so good!

peace out farmer boy

• Like 2

I think those pics are the Cream Mandarine, i wish i could have got more pics but didnt have the right SD card at the time.

Honestly the Big Devil No2 was so good there was no way of telling it was an Autoflower it came out better than some photoperoids ive grown. its up there with some of the best ive grown.

Edited by GeneralDark
  • Like 3