What Matters ?

Boojum

Some do, some don't. But most women certainly don't like being called chicks.

Do you know most women or is that a generalisation?

• Like 1

It's obviously a generalisation, I clearly don't know most women, but those I do know don't like being called chicks.

• Like 2

What was claimed to be derogatory is now merely informal. How's that for consistency? If it's derogatory as a noun, certainly it ought to be derogatory as an adjective or attributive noun.

And if it's derogatory at all, it's certainly not on the same level as calling a gay man a "fag" or a Lesbian a "dyke" or a black man a — well, you get the idea.Chick is pretty mild stuff, and pretty well accepted in informal conversation.

Edited by TN2THC

Oh and chicks love big penis. Even when they say they dont. They aren't all little angels

lol lol lol only if u have a little one m8 lol , peace
  • Like 1

Trying to ensure everyone's happy will irrevocably end in disaster, so I totally get what you're saying@@Boojum, however, I do believe this can be expanded somewhat to include the opinions of your family about you. We all want our own family to look up, and think good things about us. Admittedly not in every case, but certainly in most. Others around you I agree with. Making yourself happy will naturally lead to those around you being happy I believe.

But to sum it up, you are right. What you think is ultimately what will lead you on life's journey, and ultimately take you to your final destination.

GG

• Like 2

And fuck everyone else, right?

Yeah. fuck everyone else, as everyone else has pretty much fucked me over hence I only got the close ones. Tbh I care more about people on UK420, whom I have never met than people local to me. These lot can fuck off and go to hell as long as I care, nothin but fakes, snakes, snitches and back stabbin' cunts.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...

Alright bit if thread necromancy here I know so sorry for hijacking an old thread of yours @Boojum

But I didn't wanna start a whole new one and I think this fits here.. 

So anyway, I find myself wondering whether I'm actually more of a nihilist than I give myself credit for.  

I don't really see myself as a particularly nihilist person, there have been periods in my life (long ones) when I harboured a general attitude of "not giving a fuck" but that was mostly in a not giving a fuck about myself or the consequences (for myself) of my lifestyle and actions.  But I've mostly been able to give a fuck about other people, not always obviously and not about everything, the law and the people who enforcing it have generally had few fucks given as have a few other groups but generally like I feel as though I empathize with people and there experiences and opinions etc.. 

And in recent years that ability to give a fuck as we're has been extended even, into areas where previously I might not have been so conscientious, thinks like environment and wildlife and resources etc. 

But more and more lately I see people arguing or stressing or generally getting their knickers in a twist about topics that I just couldn't care fucking less about.  And I don't think its the people who are at fault here, coz if I widen my view and look at the broader population and not just my own immediate circle it seems like many folks all over the place are getting equally irate about these things and yet I really, like really really just do not care.  In some cases where perhaps I maybe should? You know??  

Anyway the thread title sorta sums up what I'm wondering and am interested in exploring, what matters? 

What's worth caring about and what isn't 

I know everyones answers will differ in some regards and I'm sure some things will be more commonly appreciated.. but still,

What do you care about? 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Dodgee said:

In some cases where perhaps I maybe should? You know?? 

Try not to fret about it too much mate ;) 

Detachment comes when the emotions are triggered too much and is the psychology's way of protecting itself.  From what I've read of your input here, you care very much indeed and have a good heart. 

Seems like middle age is kicking in fast considering what you've written above and when that happens, you grow up a bit and see the wood for the trees.

• Like 5